• Register
  • Help

Topic: One Essential Percussion Instrument left out of JABB!

Share/Bookmark

Cool One Essential Percussion Instrument left out of JABB!

The ashtray. It was an essential part of the drummers’ arsenal during a performance. A very well kept secret from the rest of the band, the drummer would, on occasion, drop the ashtray behind the horn section simulating the sound of a mute dropping to the floor. This would result to tick off the bandleader and in turn get the brass in trouble. Later, as the years went by, the ashtray was replaced by the empty soda pop can (or beer can) which ever the player preferred.
    Don't believe me? Let's jam (or is that ... "JABB"?)
    No problem Gary and Tom. I'll add in my own.
    Styxx

Re: One Essential Percussion Instrument left out of JABB!

Hehe.
    In band at school the brass are always dropping things. Pensils, mouthpieces, mutes, music, even their horns! It's really funny! Mr. Woods (our director) is constantly yelling at them (in addition to the percussion for dropping their styxx). I keep a talley sheet of every time either percussion or brass drops something. We're well above fifty now. There are also many other catagories on the talley sheet like percussion whoopsie, Mr. Woods oopsie, Mr. Woods tells the non-existant bass clarinet to play, and many others.

Which brings up another story. In marching band one weekend we were practicing before a game, and one of the percussionists didn't show up so Mr. Woods was playing percussion. The guy who was out had the snare/hi hat part, so Mr. Woods was playing it. Well, he kept confusing the snare for the hi hat. Sometimes the snares had the sixteenths and the hi hat beats two and four, and sometimes the other way around. Then Mr. Woods really made an oopsie. On the hi hat there is also a cowbell sitting on that rod thing (don't know what it's called). Mr. Woods knocked over the hi hat, the cowbell went flying, he dropped both of his sticks, and almost knocked over the snare. Laughter and applause erupted. I have a couple rules with this talley sheet I have: if whatever causes a talley also causes laughter, an extra point is taken, and the same with applause. So this was a knee-slappin' eight pointer under the 'Mr. Woods oopsie' catagory. One point for dropping one stick, one point for dropping the other, one point for dropping the hi hat, one point for sending the cowbell flying, one point for almost knocking over the snare, one point for his mistakes of switching the snare and hi hat earlier, and two points for the laughter and applause.

-Chris

I thought it was the Flexitone when I read the title.

Ashtray in a future update?

We also left out:

The Terror Alert Xylophone

http://www.babybushtoys.com/products.html

And the Freedom Dinger

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    And the Freedom Dinger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remote control!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back to forum