• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bad Computer Animation Film . . .

Share/Bookmark

Bad Computer Animation Film . . .

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I was at quicktime.com catching up on my movie trailer watching when I came across an upcoming computer animated movie called "Hoodwinked" . . . here's a link :

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/hoodwinked/

This animation is terrible! Are people going to pay money to see this in theaters? Wow, talk about low budget. Even Toy Story which came out in 1995 looked better than this. This is just sad . . .

The trailer music is pretty bad too
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Bad Computer Animation Film . . .

Man, you're a hard room!!

It's not THAT bad. No, it's certainly not Pixar/Dreamworks quality but it's obviously been done by a more independent studio... (Weinstien?? An offshoot of Miramax I assume??) At least it doesn't lok like a PS2 game like some TV 3D animation. Or the reprehensible Lil Pimp where some idiot actuall did a feature film using Flash. Luckily that one never made it to theaters but would up direct-to-video.
    Can't comment on the music because I watched the trailer with the sound off but I don't doubt your opinion one bit on that front....

Sean, have you ever tried your hand at CGI?

I respect even bad 3D animators. Its certainly more time consuming and difficult than most people realize.

I'll have watch it from somewhere else. I refuse to use Quicktime.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I'll have watch it from somewhere else. I refuse to use Quicktime.
    Quicktime hijacked my browser! During the install, I had very carefully and clearly told QT it was to only play .mov files and had deselected ALL other file types. made no difference. QT worked in Firefox, but it took over - every video or audio file now was played through QT, and would not allow me to save the dl'ed file unless I buy the app, and pay for the privilege of saving an MPG or MP3 which WMP would simply save. The only way I could get mp3s and mpgs to use WMP was to uninstall QT entirely.

(Sorry, don't want to hijack the post.)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Sean, have you ever tried your hand at CGI?

I respect even bad 3D animators. Its certainly more time consuming and difficult than most people realize.
    It is extremely difficult! I am certainly no animator. However, high standards have been set, and if you don't have the skill or the money to meet them, then you get . . . well . . . this movie I am just surprised such low quality will actually be coming to theaters... if it was straight to video I could understand. But the characters lack enormous detail, and their animation is rigid and stale. Jimmy Neutron is animated better than this . . .

There's a non-quicktime trailer here : http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf...&id=1808716063

Oh, trailer's out for the new Pirates of the Carribean too . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum