• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Woohoo! All-nighter!

Share/Bookmark

Woohoo! All-nighter!

Well, I have so much work due tomorrow, that I think I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter. This is me procrastinating, of course. Boy, I sure do have a lot of work to do . . . sure hope I can get it all done . . . Fortunately today is the last day of classes! Woohoo! I'm in the home stretch! Just 8 hours of non-stop stress filled work lie ahead, followed by trying not to fall asleep in the boring classes, while most likely hallucinating from sleep deprivation. So wish me luck!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Woohoo! All-nighter!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Well, I have so much work due tomorrow, that I think I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter. This is me procrastinating, of course. Boy, I sure do have a lot of work to do . . . sure hope I can get it all done . . . Fortunately today is the last day of classes! Woohoo! I'm in the home stretch! Just 8 hours of non-stop stress filled work lie ahead, followed by trying not to fall asleep in the boring classes, while most likely hallucinating from sleep deprivation. So wish me luck!
    Well, I certainly have suffered through many boring classes. Not the subject, the presentation. I remember some classes on boolean algebra and logic circuits in high speed (then) data modems and digital voice. I was in a daze of some sort through all presentations by one of the teachers, but somehow, I absorbed enough to come out first in the class. Sure annoyed all the others!

Richard

Red face Re: Woohoo! All-nighter!

From one procrastinator to another. . .

Hang in there and good luck!

You'll get some sleep later on today. . . .

Ted

Oh, my eyes . . . they are getting heavy . . . me brain starts wander . . . I begin to sway back and forth. Oh sleep, dear sweet sleep, how you elude me so . . . you seem so within grasp, but I must go to class, but some day I'll have you at last . . .

It's good to know there are others awake at such a time though
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Uh oh, I'm starting to get those pseudo-auditory hallucinations! It's gonna be a loooong day
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Thumbs up Re: Woohoo! All-nighter!

Hey Sean I feel for you buddy! I had stayed up for two days and one and a half nights practicing for my percussion jury. A grueling examination judged by not only my primary instrument mentor but also his assistant and one faculty member not from the music department. I passed, and afterwards passed out!
    Many, many well wishes and a huge best of luck Sean! It will all be worth it in the end, believe me.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey Sean I feel for you buddy! I had stayed up for two days and one and a half nights practicing for my percussion jury. A grueling examination judged by not only my primary instrument mentor but also his assistant and one faculty member not from the music department. I passed, and afterwards passed out!
    Yikes, how can you even focus on music after staying up so long? After 24 of no sleep, music well just lull me away, like a spell. No music before bedtime if I stayed up the whole night

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Many, many well wishes and a huge best of luck Sean!
    Thank you! I seemed to have gotten through the whole day . . . I zoned out a few times in history class, and even hallucinated Schubert (or Chopin?) staring at me through my notebook and the notes I had been taken transformed into musical notes which was awesome . . . but it was just a hallucination. I wonder if the teacher noticed

The brain is so weird . . . luckily my brain is again functioning normally after having been up for 33 hours . . . so I'd just like to take this moment to thank all thozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .z .zzzzzzzz..zzzzzzz
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Yikes, how can you even focus on music after staying up so long?
    You want to be a musician????

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    You want to be a musician????
    Not anymore!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Good luck Sean! I remember similar days only too well!

Go Back to forum