• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KHSO Emerald Now in both Gigastudio and Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

KHSO Emerald Now in both Gigastudio and Kontakt 2

And watch for the new Chamber Strings in a couple weeks!

You can read more about these libraries at www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Happy Holidays,
    Kirk Hunter

Re: KHSO Emerald Now in both Gigastudio and Kontakt 2

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    And watch for the new Chamber Strings in a couple weeks!

You can read more about these libraries at www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Happy Holidays,
    Kirk Hunter
    If the chamber strings are of the same amazing quality as the Emerald library you can count me in as one of your first chamber string customers.
    And thanks for your excellent support.
    Best wishes for christmas
    Raindog

How is the playability for this library? does it use keyswitches or a more programmed and advanced sampling tool?

I'm asking this because a lot of libraries give us great demos, but those demos have a loooooooot of programming behind, and that it´s a bad thing for "just musicians".

is any1 here that has compared it with GOS or EWQL?

Quote Originally Posted by esencia
    How is the playability for this library? does it use keyswitches or a more programmed and advanced sampling tool?

I'm asking this because a lot of libraries give us great demos, but those demos have a loooooooot of programming behind, and that it´s a bad thing for "just musicians".

is any1 here that has compared it with GOS or EWQL?
    Personally I think the playability of the library is one of it´s major advantages. There are keyswitch programms (which I like a lot) with all THE IMPORTANT articulations so that you can play classical instruments very intuitively and live on a single track. Additionally you have the possibility of modwheel modulation of different articulations (e.g. by using the modwheel you can switch or crossfade to slide samples or imitate a convincing sforzando or change the marcato character of the attack). Velocity determines the attack for most instruments which gives them a lot of articulation possibilities.

Altogether the playability and the MUSICAL possibilities are the strength of this library at least for ME who is far away from being a professional orchestral type of musician. I own GPO (can´t comment on the other libraries) and though GPO´s concept is very good I was never really happy with it as it didn´t "feel" right. But I must admit that this maybe due to my lack of knowledge of proper orchestration. I´m more the type of "composing while playing" and this works very well with Emerald.
    Regards
    Raindog

Are there differences between the K2 and GS versions? (eg. quality of the legato, articulations, implementation of certain features, etc)
    Thanks

A lot of programming has gone into this that takes advantage of many of Kontakt 2™ features...such as the "Round Robin" treatment for minimizing the dreaded "machine gun" effect when playing fast repeated notes. Also, you'll get much bigger instruments in the keyswitching. Another nice thing is that as I go through and add more and more .nki files, I shall make them available as free downloads.

Best Regards,
    Kirk Hunter

I know others like me who bought the Giga version will want the K2 version as well, so here's the answer to the obvious question I had:

The crossgrade is $125.

- Mike Greene

Can't wait for the chamber strings.

hey Kirk!

any chances of seeing a GS 3 version with midi rules implementation??

Can't wait the Chamber strings as well!!

great job!!

Yves

is there any "legato" tool for good string passages?

Go Back to forum