• Register
  • Help

Topic: Picking up a cue from last winter

Share/Bookmark

Cue "The Lost legion"

Hello all,

Due to personal circumstances I haven't made any music in the last 10 months.

Last weeks I have finally picked up my most recent cue from last winter again and added some stuff to it:

The Lost Legion (2005-12-06)

in order to update and improve my templates and mixer settings.

I hope you like the sound, that was the main purpose of adding the extra parts (it has become a bit of a melting pot of influences: Zimmer, Elfman, Shore and Menken).

Cheers,

Re: Picking up a cue from last winter

Nice, Peter! Very dramatic.

Wow! That's really, really nice!

I have one suggestion (not a criticism, as I think it's great as is.) I would hire a real (not a guy who just fakes it) Spanish Guitar player to give it that much more emotion at the beginning. The guitar part now is well sequenced, but not quite as emotional as everything else. And guitar players are cheap and easy to record.

With that said, I think this piece is outstanding just the way it is!

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene
    Wow! That's really, really nice!

I have one suggestion (not a criticism, as I think it's great as is.) I would hire a real (not a guy who just fakes it) Spanish Guitar player to give it that much more emotion at the beginning. The guitar part now is well sequenced, but not quite as emotional as everything else. And guitar players are cheap and easy to record.

With that said, I think this piece is outstanding just the way it is!

- Mike Greene
    I agree. It is amazing to me sometimes how much more believable sample based music becomes just by adding a real acoustic guitar. It warms the whole thing up.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Thanks for the kinds words, guys!

Originally the opening part was meant for the opening credits for a Dutch non-budget movie (about Romans) and I would surely have added a real guitar player to it. Well, the director didn't like the guitar idea too much, and the movie plans have been reduced to a 3 minute teaser trailer that I will score this winter. I currently no longer have a classical guitar, otherwise I would surely have played it in myself.
    I fully agree with this approach, of using real solo instruments on top of samples!

Go Back to forum