• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to Update Your Avatar.

Share/Bookmark

How to Update Your Avatar.

Profile pic and Avatar are two different things Avatars appear on your posts while the profile pic appears in your profile area.Check in your profile area there is a setting "Edit Avatar or click here to update your avatar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...?do=editavatar

Make sure you have it set to Use "Custom Avatar" upload your pic and it should work.

Check your Thread Display Options to view avatars if you don't see other's Avatars you may have this feature disabled look here to enable.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...do=editoptions

Re: How to Update Your Avatar.

I'm darned if I can find the Edit Avatar option anywhere. It doesn't appear as its own heading, nor under Edit Options, Edit Profile or Edit Profile Picture. i can'
    t find it anywhere in the Control Panel. Am I crazy??

And the link above takes me to an Edit Avatar function that only has one choice- "Do not use an Avatar". It's like a Kafka novel

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I find the same thing. The only way to get to the "Edit Avatar" screen that I can find is through the above link. It doesn't appear in the My Profile area. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I find the same thing. The only way to get to the "Edit Avatar" screen that I can find is through the above link. It doesn't appear in the My Profile area. Weird.
    Same. But I can't do anything when I click on the link.

- G

try again it has been reset for everyone.

Great, that did it!!

It said my 9k avatar exceeded the system limit of 6k so I stripped the color out and got to 5k.

- G

I just picked up Hobbes at the pound...he's happy to be home!
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hey Mark,

Any possibility you could increase the file-size limit for the Avatars (not the physical size)? It would be fun to have a little more animation potential. From what I can tell, the loading scheme works such that no one would be "waiting" for Avatars to pop even on a slow system.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Testing sexy avatar... definetly broken.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum