• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What's on the drawing board at Spectrasonics?

Share/Bookmark

What's on the drawing board at Spectrasonics?

Eric,

I know you don't like to advertise products before they're ready but any chance of teasing us with a few hints? You've had so much success with Stylus RMX. Will we be seeing "RMX like" versions of Atmosphere and Trilogy? Something entirely new? The only problem I have with Spectrasonics products is that there isn't enough of 'em.

Some ideas for new libs:

!) SOV and Vocal Planet + More

2) Guitars (like trilogy)

3) Ethnic pitched instruments

All the very best,

Darren

Re: What's on the drawing board at Spectrasonics?

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick
    Eric,
    I know you don't like to advertise products before they're ready but any chance of teasing us with a few hints?
    Nope! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick
    The only problem I have with Spectrasonics products is that there isn't enough of 'em.
    Good things take time. With more time comes more good things. ;-)

We've found early on in the business that a company has to choose between doing a lot of stuff at an OK level - or doing a few really special things at the top of their ability.

Either way takes about the same amount of energy and resources, and it seems that there are already enough companies doing the "decent quality/many products" approach....we'd rather take the "exceptional quality/fewer products" path.

What we have in place now with our talented team allows us to produce at a very high quality level and hopefully introduce real breakthoughs and innovations with our instruments.

That's our goal at least. :-)

spectrum

The quality of you and your teams instruments is definitely top drawer. I'll wait patiently... sort of

All the very best,

Darren

[QUOTE= Good things take time. With more time comes more good things.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is why I think your products are excellent! On my wish list that I wrote to Santa at the Northpole, I have an Atmosphere 2 wish, with SOV type vocals built into Atmosphere 2 according to voice or genre. I also have this cool arpeggiation wish that I think Atmosphere will be able to improvise on and also have a Chaos/arp or alternate patterns feature. Or... a SOV/ choir type that has clever controller/word builder/phrase implementation. As an additional add on to the menus, I also wish for a canvas of menu/sound selection according to Genre like RMX. I wish..... I wish....

Thats it for now. All the best to Spectrasonics!

Dave

I am supremely happy with the product quality and also the support - call it "after-sales service if you like" from Spectrasonics.

I think they are actually the *only* sample developer who releases products 100% ready...this is not to knock other developers whose products are perhaps more complex.....but the fact is, with Spectrasonics products we, the Users, spend less time troubleshooting and more time making music:-)

Nigel

PS it would be nice to be able to name my own edits in Atmosphere, though;-)!!!

Simply put, Eric and his team are the best in the business IMHO. I am eagerly anticipating whatever it is that they will show at NAMM next month.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I have to throw in my 2 cents here...what I would love to see from Spectrasonics:

1. A hard-hitting rock VI or SAGE expaneder with the same attitude as Backbeat but maybe with much more of a variety of base tempos, grooves, fills, variations etc. Maybe in a format where the "top" of the kit could be swapped out with other layers (different hi hat groove, cymbals, etc.). Bonus points if the main parts of the drum kit are available as an independent voice, with minimal bleed from other parts of the kit, so that (for example) live hi hats can be added to a tabla groove etc.!

2. A commercial brass library that has the flavor of the old Roland stuff but much better fidelity and variety. That library is STILL used extensively (you hear it in commercials, games, tv shows etc.). There's just a certain edge and solidity to that stuff that works well in commercial (non-orchestral) settings, despite it's age.

Those would be my 2 wishes!

I want to see a Best of Spectrasonics mega-package in vsti format that includes a lot of their best samples from their classics like Symphony of Voices, Heart of Asia/Africa, etc. That would be a dream package!

Symphony of Voices 2 and Vocal Planet 2 (with lots of multisamples).

Atmosphere 2.

These are what I am dreaming about.

I want to make it clear that I love Spectrasonics products and I can't wait until they make more cool stuff.

however....until that day comes...

Stylus RMX has an incedibly great REX import function. There are tons and tons of great REX-ready sample libraries out there that I think people forget exist. Big Fish for one has tons of REX products, and so do other great developers. Then there are also the 9 Volt guys who I am sure are churning out more stuff.

In short, if you're hankering for some new samples, but still wish to use that great Spectrasonics interface, there are options out there!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Thanks for the reminder. I've actually imported Stormdrum loops and Percussive Adventure loops for RMX, I have to say.

Can anyone recommend rex or audio CDs with tons of "rock/pop" drum grooves/separates on the level (or close) of Backbeat? I know there's a lot of drum libraries out there...
    TC

Go Back to forum