• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Tutorials?

Share/Bookmark

JABB Tutorials?

Hi everyone! My JABB just came a few days ago, and of course it WAS worth the wait!!

The manual makes reference to several online tutorials coming (here, or in the Tips and Tutorials section, I assume). Are these coming soon? I can't seem to get the Shakes to work yet.

thanks in adbance,

Marcel

Club Cubase Edmonton

Re: JABB Tutorials?

There's a lot to be done here before NAMM in January (demos, fixes, other product development) so I'm not sure how many of the tutorials will get posted before then but one of the first will definitely be on the shakes because that is going to require some detailed explanation. The shakes programming is aimed at future scripting functions but can be done manually if the user understands the purpose and application of the controllers. In the tutorial I'll describe these things and give audio examples of real shakes in various ranges (shake characteristics change with range) to use as models for simulation. Be patient, I'll get to the tutorials as soon as I can find the time.

Tom

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I'll hang on until you can find the time.

BTW, I will come by and say Hi again at NAMM this year; I've had to miss the last couple of years!

Take care,

Marcel

Please do. Hope I'm at the booth when you come by.

Tom

Finale 2006 a and JABB ..no sound?

Well, I got the JABB today and got it installed and registered with minimal hassle, I can see it on my computer in Finale 2006a, I can select and load the Kontakt players, but:

I get no sound on playback ..

( and yes, I have read the manual )

I noticed in the dropdown menus an option for "notation" ..should I be loading the players through this option in order for the JABB to read the Finale score?

any help would be appreciated as I am NOT a technoid... I'm a technically frustrated composer type!

When you play, roll up your mod wheel...it controls the volume.

Exclamation Re: JABB Tutorials?

Quote Originally Posted by lonearrngr@comcast.n
    Finale 2006 a and JABB ..no sound?

Well, I got the JABB today and got it installed and registered with minimal hassle, I can see it on my computer in Finale 2006a, I can select and load the Kontakt players, but:

I get no sound on playback ..

( and yes, I have read the manual )

I noticed in the dropdown menus an option for "notation" ..should I be loading the players through this option in order for the JABB to read the Finale score?

any help would be appreciated as I am NOT a technoid... I'm a technically frustrated composer type!
    If you're doing what I think you're doing, yes
    When you load the instruments in Finale, load the "notation" version. I had the exact same problem at first.

And roll up the mod wheel

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Okay:

did all that ..used "notation" in the drop down, got a 16 pc band in 2 Kontact players ( used the "lite" choices wherever available:

Player #1
    pno -MIDI 1
    bs " 2
    drums " 10
    5 saxes 3 thru 7

Player #2

8 brass ( lite versions ) MIDI 17 thru 24

( got a "low memory" flag loading bone 4 ?)

checked the insrument list to make sure it was the same ..

a bit of progress ..the piano and bass seem to play , but nothing else does ( and they showed being loaded )

all apps shut down except for F2006a and I have I GB RAM ..

any ideas ???

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel
    Hi everyone! My JABB just came a few days ago, and of course it WAS worth the wait!!

The manual makes reference to several online tutorials coming (here, or in the Tips and Tutorials section, I assume). Are these coming soon?
    Tom just posted some toot-orials in the Tips and Tutorials sections. Three cheers for Tom!

Go Back to forum