• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Oboe #03 With Harpsichord" - Larry Alexander

Share/Bookmark

"Oboe #03 With Harpsichord" - Larry Alexander

Oboe Lovers,

Here is my "Oboe #03 With Harpsichord". This is number three in a series of six pieces for oboe and harpsichord that I wrote. It features the GPO solo oboe and GPO harpsichord.

My best to all,

Larry A.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larr...arpsichord.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Oboe #03 With Harpsichord" - Larry Alexander

Very good piece Larry. The oboe and harpsichord sound great as well as the reverb. Great job!
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by valhalx
    Very good piece Larry. The oboe and harpsichord sound great as well as the reverb. Great job!
    Bill
    Many thanks, young William. It was good of you to listen and comment.

My best to you,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yawwy, the yink! It's bwoken!

ahem...

Larry your link appears to be broken or the file has been removed. Which is sad for me, because I was really looking forward to listening to it!

Alas!

Joe,

I just checked the link and it is working.

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Wow, that was a seriously fast reply! Yes it is working. I'm not sure what happened before. Probably a network failure (...seeing as how I should be working and not perusing a forum, but whatever!) and I'm listening now.

This piece is really cool! I love the lilting bounce to it. Any chance I could buy the sheet music from you?

If I had sheet music for it I would certainly give it to you.

I have no practical way to print sheet music. I use Sonar as a sequencer which has poor printing features. It is a pain in the backside to try to print music with it. Sorry.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Smile Re: "Oboe #03 With Harpsichord" - Larry Alexander

Oh yes, Larry! Another fine composition! Nice work with the sequencing. The phrasing with the oboe seems quite realistic. Nice job with the 'verb too.

Just two teeny-tiny humble suggestions. How about placing the harpsichord just a little "back" in the mix?? Just a little. Any maybe panned a bit more to the right?? Again, just a teeny bit. This might bring out the oboe just a tad bit more in the mix. This is just totally my subjective and untrained taste in mixing.

One question. What version SONAR are you using? I agree with you that attempting to print instrumental parts from this and other sequencer-focused programs leaves much to be desired. I used to do this all the time during my early days with Cakewalk (I think it was version 3 for Windows 95. Or was it a Dos version?? I don't remember). I JUST purchased an upgrade to SONAR 5 Producer. I hold no expectations that this version will be any better in providing instrumental scores and parts. But the sequencing and audio mixing aspects of Cakewalk's programs has been very useful to me throughout the years. By the way, I use Finale to print scores and parts. It is a LOT of extra work. But the time and effort is worth it if and when I want other musicians to play or sing my happy little diddies.

You are the composer man, Larry. I wish I can crank out the quantity and quality compositions that you do. I'm STILL working on one that I started this past spring!

Cheers!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I use Sonar version three. I have very little need for printing my music so I can't justify buying a dedicated music printing program.

Regards,

LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum