• Register
  • Help

Topic: Discovery Channel features Andy Brick's music - December 4 at 10

Share/Bookmark

Discovery Channel features Andy Brick's music - December 4 at 10

"INTO THE LION'S DEN" a Discovery Channel feature, will air on Sunday December 4th at 10pm ET/PT and features the music of Andy Brick. Andy scored music for the show using Finale and GPO.

The documentary is about interaction between humans and lions. It follows zoologist Dave Salmoni as he interacts with lions to observe, learn the language and gain social acceptance with these awesome animals. Salmoni believes humans and lions can learn to live with each other in the same territory. For three months he walks, unarmed, ever deeper into the zone of a wild pride of lions.

Here's a link to information about the feature:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence.../lionsden.html

If you can't see the premiere on December 5th, there will be re-broadcasts on Dec 5th @ 02:00 AM, Dec 8th @ 10:00 PM, and Dec 9th @ 02:00 AM.

I'm looking forward to watching and hearing Andy's music. Andy was an integral part of the GPO Competition and I had a unique opportunity to work with Andy (and hear his music performed). Andy is a truly amazing composer and orchestrator.

All the best Andy for a successful show!

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Discovery Channel features Andy Brick's music - December 4 at 10

I'm there! Looking forward as well to hearing Andy's music.
    Question for Andy, did you use by chance a "Lion's Roar" in your music for this?
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Discovery Channel features Andy Brick's music - December 4 at 10

Just finished watching the program. Andy, you absolutely captured the tension emanating from the most precarious segments of this program.
    All I have to say about the man who went into the Lion's Den is,
    THE MAN'S NUTS! COMPLETELY!
    Excellent work Andy!

December 8th is the "Directors Cut" uncut version of the Lion's Den. I'll be sure to watch.
    Styxx

Re: Discovery Channel features Andy Brick's music - December 4 at 10

Andy,
    Great job. Glad you were not on location playing those violins to those hungry lions. The music was superb and just perfect for the show!.

Gary Garritan

But surely music soothes the savage beast?

Andy,

Congrats on another high profile gig. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I'm setting my Tivo to "stun"...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

I too watched the program last night, and while the music was indeed very effective, I noticed that someone other than Mr. Brick was credited for the music at the end. I don't recall the name, but it wasn't Andy. Of course, the credits were moving by pretty fast, so it's possible I'm wrong...can anyone corroborate?

Also...FYI...Styxx, I'm pretty sure the directors cut version premieres on the 18th on Animal Planet, not the 8th.

From what I understand, Andy was brought in late in the game. There were also other composers that provided music.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Morrissette
    I too watched the program last night, and while the music was indeed very effective, I noticed that someone other than Mr. Brick was credited for the music at the end. I don't recall the name, but it wasn't Andy. Of course, the credits were moving by pretty fast, so it's possible I'm wrong...can anyone corroborate?

Also...FYI...Styxx, I'm pretty sure the directors cut version premieres on the 18th on Animal Planet, not the 8th.
    Hm, could be the 18th. As for the credits, indeed it went by fast but you are right about who was credited with the music. Still ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum