• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPOA

Share/Bookmark

GPOA

Well, I got my JABB in the mail this week and I see another fantastic strad demo has been posted, so that must be about ready to ship.

That means GPOA must be just around the corner!!! There's still about three weeks left before Christmas!! Oh, okay...take until New Year's Day if you must.

Re: GPOA

I think this will take longer than we were all hoping for, what with EWQLSO Gold Pro XP now released. It certainly seems to up the ante when they add an extra 21 Gigs to the original product and what seems to be several cool new features.

Hopefully our team of developers has already thought ahead of them and GPOA will still leap frog them in quality and features without any additional time considerations.

I mean, I'm imagining and hoping GPOA is meant to be the answer to this product. If not, then perhaps I shouldn't be waiting for GPOA and should cut straight to EWQLSO. I'm in no big rush. I am choosing to wait for GPOA at this time, though if it will take another year...

Heck, I'll be happy if the new Mach 5 supports all the Giga features in GOS.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    I think this will take longer than we were all hoping for, what with EWQLSO Gold Pro XP now released. It certainly seems to up the ante when they add an extra 21 Gigs to the original product and what seems to be several cool new features.

Hopefully our team of developers has already thought ahead of them and GPOA will still leap frog them in quality and features without any additional time considerations.

I mean, I'm imagining and hoping GPOA is meant to be the answer to this product. If not, then perhaps I shouldn't be waiting for GPOA and should cut straight to EWQLSO. I'm in no big rush. I am choosing to wait for GPOA at this time, though if it will take another year...

Heck, I'll be happy if the new Mach 5 supports all the Giga features in GOS.
    Well I'm sure GPO Advanced won't cost nearly as much to upgrade as QLSO Gold XP Pro does! (at least I sure hope not.....the market apparently won't bear expensive libs anymore, only pros could justify the expense). Frankly, I think EAST WEST's pricing does not jibe with reality anymore. They had a flash of insight at the Gold GB last year, but then gouged on this upgrade. And yes, 21 gigs is A LOT of extra material but the majority of musicians don't "buy by the pound" anymore. They continue pricing themselves to the point that only the pros here can swallow.

GPO Advanced will, from what I have been seeing here for the last two years, be a library focused on higher quality instrument versions of existing GPO instruments and many extended techniques for strings from GOS as well as (and most important to me) unusual (but common in film scoring) orchestral instruments like Bass Oboe and Wagner Tuben, to name just a couple.

The market desperately needs a library like that. There is no use in duplicating what several other libs are offering. Nobody making libs right now for orchestra (except VSL) like to talk about 'extra' instruments and articulations for their standard orchestra set.

I think too many people are focusing on the word Advanced. This does not have to mean some blinding new approach to orchestral libraries, which is time consuming and expensive to r&d and bring to market.

I would hope that Gary and company would not be swayed by the current state of orchestral libraries on the market now, and postpone this product by many months. Apparently the instruments have been sampled already for Advanced. K2 players should be able to handle the scripting needed to get the most out of them. Perhaps NI is holding up the release of GPOA?

Also, It was my understanding the last time I participated in this forum, that GPOA would be around a $250 upgrade from regular GPO. This is very reasonable pricing.

Considering the price of JABB, I believe GPOA will be just as affordable.

So I would like to see others on this forum urge Gary to release this library 'upgrade' and not try and chase them around with a plethora of 'breakthrough' "Advancements" to "Advanced"

Good points indeed, nexus.

I just realized that this new EWQLSO Gold Pro XP (could this thing have a long enough name?) only works (at least the Christmas Sale version they are offering right now) if you own the original version. Which incidentally is still available for purchase at almost a grand.

So if you're just starting out it'll be about $1600 to get into their new product.

I came back to this thread after reflecting on Gary's, "sample library for the common man" approach. Nexus, seems you have more than nailed the additional comments I wanted to make.

Go Back to forum