• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What's with the forum?

Share/Bookmark

What's with the forum?

I'm getting error messages especially when trying to log out. Also, it takes a few times of rewriting a reply and submitting before it will take. Are we going through some technical changes? I have noticed some changes here and there. Also, I can't get back to the main board without using my back button.
    Just wondering.
    Styxx

Re: What's with the forum?

Same thing here, Styxx, I noticed it for the first time this morning. The forum 'mini-menu' at the top of each page has disappeared - one has to use the back button to get out of a thread now ...

Don't know if this is evolution, or something malevolent, or 'intelligent design' in progress ... :-)

Trond

Papa Chalk said last night that they were doing some maintenance/upgrade works.

Posting replies at the moment is certainly a bit hit and miss
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

And where have all the avatars gone.
    regards

The forum is currently undergoing an update. It's a complicated task PapaChalk is doing. We'll be getting new features. The Garritan forum will soon have a new layout too! Please standby. Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The forum is currently undergoing an update. It's a complicated task PapaChalk is doing. We'll be getting new features. The Garritan forum will soon have a new layout too! Please standby. Gary Garritan
    Thought so yet I am never sure with my system what's up? By the way, do you mind if I sit for a while? This "standing by" is killing my feet! Uck, Kuk kuk kuk kuk! I yams what I yams!

Hey! Any new smileies in the woiks?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'm getting error messages especially when trying to log out. Also, it takes a few times of rewriting a reply and submitting before it will take. Are we going through some technical changes? I have noticed some changes here and there. Also, I can't get back to the main board without using my back button.
    Just wondering.
    Yes we are currently doing extensive upgrades and security fixes. please post any problems or missed features here.

take care.

Talking Re: What's with the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Thought so yet I am never sure with my system what's up? By the way, do you mind if I sit for a while? This "standing by" is killing my feet! Uck, Kuk kuk kuk kuk! I yams what I yams!

Hey! Any new smileies in the woiks?
    If you have a special styxx smilie send it to me I'll put it up .

let me know when the reply to post works for you.

Talking Re: What's with the forum?

Styxx-

Make that STANDby a SITby if you wish to avoid chiropodists. (Knowing the exceptional work Papachalk has done with these forums -- and the march of technology over the past two years -- the changes WILL take longer than anyone would like.)

I just hope in the upgrade that the forums keep the courtesy filter in place, and the new civility module so needed in many other forums is strengthened.

Whilst I have spent much of my time lurking and learning I must say that NSS forums has been my go to place for sanity (even your posts Styxx) and comfort as my creativity and on my musical system waxes and wains.

Go Back to forum