• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB and Finale 2006a -no sound ??

Share/Bookmark

JABB and Finale 2006a -no sound ??

Well, I got the JABB today and got it installed and registered with minimal hassle, I can see it on my computer in Finale 2006a, I can select and load the Kontakt players, but:

I get no sound on playback ..

( and yes, I have read the manual )

I noticed in the dropdown menus an option for "notation" ..should I be loading the players through this option in order for the JABB to read the Finale score?

any help would be appreciated as I am NOT a technoid... I'm a technically frustrated composer type!

Re: JABB and Finale 2006a -no sound ??

Try using the setup wizard to create a score using JBB instruments on a test file. By using the wizard, everything gets setup correctly. If you can't hear sounds thru that file, then I suspect that something went wrong with the install.

Double-check that you indeed have Finale 2006a. (you need the update to use JBB) Make sure you've installed the notation version of JBB and use it when using Finale.

Jeff

Sorry for the double post, heres my "progress " (?) so far :

Finale 2006 a and JABB ..no sound?

Well, I got the JABB today and got it installed and registered with minimal hassle, I can see it on my computer in Finale 2006a, I can select and load the Kontakt players, but:

I get no sound on playback ..

( and yes, I have read the manual )

I noticed in the dropdown menus an option for "notation" ..should I be loading the players through this option in order for the JABB to read the Finale score?

any help would be appreciated as I am NOT a technoid... I'm a technically frustrated composer type!
    Join Date: Jul 2005 | Location: Bellingham WA | Posts: 12 | | | Reply |
    Author Topic: Re: JABB Tutorials?
    Craig Ramseur

Posted: 12-01-2005, 05:02 PM | | Quote
    When you play, roll up your mod wheel...it controls the volume.

>>> ( did that -pk )
    If you're doing what I think you're doing, yes
    When you load the instruments in Finale, load the "notation" version. I had the exact same problem at first.

And roll up the mod wheel

Grant
    Join Date: Dec 2004 | Location: Silicon Valley, CA | Posts: 116 | | | Reply |
    Author Topic: Re: JABB Tutorials?
    lonearrngr@comcast.n

Posted: 12-02-2005, 04:07 PM | Edit | Quote
    Okay:

did all that ..used "notation" in the drop down, got a 16 pc band in 2 Kontact players ( used the "lite" choices wherever available:

Player #1
    pno -MIDI 1
    bs " 2
    drums " 10
    5 saxes 3 thru 7

Player #2

8 brass ( lite versions ) MIDI 17 thru 24

( got a "low memory" flag loading bone 4 ?)

checked the insrument list to make sure it was the same ..

a bit of progress ..the piano and bass seem to play , but nothing else does ( and they showed being loaded )

all apps shut down except for F2006a and I have I GB RAM ..

any ideas ???

I should mention: I'm attempting to play a completed score created before JABB was installed ..( it still plays fine on the internal soundfont )

tried what was suggested: created a new score w/ setup wizard ..

typed in a few bars of stuff ( for 5 horns and rhythm so as not to tax the RAM )

checked my instrument list, mixer and Kontakt player to make sure all channels agreed ..

still , almost* no sound

* aside from either an OCCASIONAL bass note, or worse yet, a bass line where some notes honk thru on a bari sax from another channel along with the written bass part.

BTW: yes -I DID repair the permissions!

???????

Try move the Player's Modwheel slightly for each instrument. Does that change anything? Do you have the proper settings in Playback Settings | Human Playback preferences (Modulation/CC#1 checked).

Go Back to forum