• Register
  • Help

Topic: Second attempt... how do I set up Maestro Tools in Rewire Mode

Share/Bookmark

Second attempt... how do I set up Maestro Tools in Rewire Mode

Hi,

I have not been able to set up the Maestro Tools properly in Rewire Mode and would be most grateful if somebody could guide me through the process. I'm using Nuendo and GS3 on the same machine.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

PS: I've spend many wasted hours on the net trying to find a solution. No luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Second attempt... how do I set up Maestro Tools in Rewire Mode

Try contacting Gary Garritan by phone. This is always the best way for support. Contact info is on the www.garritan.com website.

Re: Second attempt... how do I set up Maestro Tools in Rewire Mode

Hi Mark,
    Maple/Maestro Tools is working on my system with Cubase SX 2.2 and GS 3.12. I've used two different methods successfully; one with Maple receiving it's input from the keyboard controller and another method with Maple receiving it’s input from Cubase. Hopefully this will work in Nuendo as well.

Method 1: Maple receives input from Keyboard controller
    • Start Maple. Select Midi settings (looks like little keyboard). Select “Open Inputs from Midi Interface Hardware”. Select your keyboard from the drop down menu and click OK. Select Port 1 Channel 1 and select “Maestro Tools” in the Effects drop down menu.
    • Start Cubase SX.
    • Start GS3.
    • In Cubase SX “Devices” menu select Giga3 and make sure all the Rewire channels you are using are enabled.
    • Select a Cubase Midi track. Set the track Midi In to “Maple Midi In: Port 1”. Set the track Midi Out to “Giga3 1: Rewire Channel 1”.
    • In GS3, load an instrument in G3Port1 Instrument slot 1.
    • You should now be able to play and record.

Method 2: Maple receives input from Cubase
    • Start Maple. Select Midi settings (looks like little keyboard). Select “Accept Input from Sequencer” and click OK. Select Port 1 Channel 1 and select “Maestro Tools” in the Effects drop down menu.
    • Start Cubase SX.
    • Start GS3.
    • In Cubase SX “Devices” menu select Giga3 and make sure all the Rewire channels you are using are enabled.
    • Select a Cubase Midi track. Set the track Midi In to your keyboard controller. Set the track Midi Out to “Maple Midi Out: Port 1”. Select the Monitor button in Cubase (little speaker) and turn off Record Enable. We will not record on this track, we’ll just use it to route the keyboard to Maple.
    • Select another Cubase Midi track. Set this track Midi In to “Maple Midi In: Port 1”. Set the track Midi Out to “Giga3 1: Rewire Channel 1”. This is the track we’ll record to and playback from.
    • In GS3, load an instrument in G3Port1 Instrument slot 1.
    • You should now be able to play and record.

Good Luck,
    Paul

Go Back to forum