• Register
  • Help

Topic: Melodyne

Share/Bookmark

Melodyne

looks like celemony is having problems getting their updat out. Also, no demos of M3 on their site anywhere. I was hoping to hear their new Ployphonic time stretching and pitchshifting.

Melodyne3 is scheduled for release in November 2005. Melodyne3 studio (the full edition with the new polyphonic time stretching) will cost 699 euros; but anyone buying Melodyne 2 now (for 599 euros) will be able to upgrade to v.3 free — saving 100 euros. The price of the smaller Melodyne 3 cre8 will remain 319 euros.
    The upgrade to Melodyne3 will cost registered cre8 users 99 euros and users of the studio edition 149 euros. It will be available from music dealers or the Celemony web site: www.celemony.com. For purchases registered after the 1st September 2005, the upgrade will be free.

Re: Melodyne

I've been waitin on this too ... is there really any difference between the cre8 v3 over the cre8 v2.6?

I did download the version 3 beta, but only got to work with it briefly, due to fast approaching deadlines...

But the two main things for me that will make ver 3 worth it are the automatic detection, and being able to fix misinterpreted notes on the fly, without having to re-detect the file.

Those two things alone are huge time savers.

The tools have been streamlined, to make working with Melodyne more intuitive. I wrestled with it a bit at first, but once I got used to it, it did allow me to move much quicker.

I briefly, and I really mean briefly, tried the polyphonic pitch shifting on an acoustic guitar. It definitely worked, although there was a bit of a change to the timbre. I would imagine that could be dealt with though, I just didn't have time to investigate it.

I actually just received an email from Celemony saying that the "second Phase" of beta version 3 is available, and will be until Mid December.

Looks like they're still working out some issues. I'm downloading it now, and will report back more when I get a chance to put it through the paces.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    looks like celemony is having problems getting their updat out. Also, no demos of M3 on their site anywhere. I was hoping to hear their new Ployphonic time stretching and pitchshifting.
    I don't think it's really fair to knock Celemony. From experience, their support is top-notch, they are a serious company. Give them a break -it's only Dec 1st and compared to major offenders in the update wait game, no big deal, right;-)?

If you want to check out M3 the beta is there for registered users. I wouldn't really expect demos until the release is ready.

Nigel

I wasn't giving them a hard time. I thought it may be that they were having problems. And, there are NO demos of the new polyphonic version of Melodyne Studio on the web site. Once again, I thought this might be indicitive of a problem that would delay the release significantly.

comprende'

giga...

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    I wasn't giving them a hard time. I thought it may be that they were having problems. And, there are NO demos of the new polyphonic version of Melodyne Studio on the web site. Once again, I thought this might be indicitive of a problem that would delay the release significantly.

comprende'

giga...
    gotcha, no offence intended...;-)

Nigel

Go Back to forum