• Register
  • Help

Topic: Narnia soundtrack preview

Share/Bookmark

Re: Narnia soundtrack preview

I'm very excited about this movie. I was fortunate to attend one of the scoring sessions for it, and overall the music sounds incredible (or maybe it was just the excitement of the experience adding value--I'm still seeing it regardless). I've always loved the story and, many years ago, wrote some music for a stage production of it.

The orchestration is simply amazing! But is that C, D-C, Ab figure necessary? I mean in some contexts, but with the horns and drums...it's the same as other soundtracks. It's like the Media Ventures stamp. Isn't there enough of that out there already? Maybe they just don't want us to forget it. Or maybe they've forgotten they already done it five or six...thousand times.

I think Harry has been doing some great things recently and I really look forward to experience this movie and get the score CD.

Don't forget to read the interesting article on Harry in the latest Sound On Sound! What a studio!

From the short clips that I heard, it sounds like a very good soundtrack. This movie has been on my must see list since I heard they were making it and hearing the music makes me want to see it even more.

And I didn't realize that there was somehthing on him in SOS, I'll definitely have to check that out.
    Tim

There should be some very nice use of Atmosphere in this score too! :-)

http://www.spectrasonics.net/pronews/

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    The orchestration is simply amazing! But is that C, D-C, Ab figure necessary? I mean in some contexts, but with the horns and drums...it's the same as other soundtracks. It's like the Media Ventures stamp. Isn't there enough of that out there already? Maybe they just don't want us to forget it. Or maybe they've forgotten they already done it five or six...thousand times.

or maybe the director/producer said..."we want this"....Makes it hard to move out of the box.

Mr Gregson-Williams is one of the most inspired composer out there today IMHO. I still think his works on Sinbad - Legend of the seven seas is one of his best scores though.

I was very fortunate to be at one of the scoring sessions for "Kingdom of Heaven" at Abbey Rd in January - a totally inspiring experience to see someone working at the top of their game (in fact to see *everyone* working at the top of their game).

Some of the sequences (which sadly never made it to the final cut) were just fantastic. Very cool that He's using "Atmosphere" on "Narnia" - I've been wondering about getting hold of this for a while, and well, if it's good enough for Harry...

Andy
    http://www.audiopHoBic.com
    Soundtracks for Theatre, Dance & Film

Go Back to forum