• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Missed you all! Long time no post!

Share/Bookmark

Missed you all! Long time no post!

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I've posted on this board. We have been in the process of moving from a house that we lived in for over 30 years to an apartment. I have heard psychologists say that next to a death in the family or a divorce, that moving is the third most stressful thing one can do. I now believe it to be true.

So many things have happened in the past few weeks that my head is spinning from it all, while you guys have been able to play with JABB. You lucky bums.

In our yard sale, we had 14 4X8 foot tables of stuff for sale. And that’s not counting all the lawn and garden equipment that was all over the yard. In spite of this sale we hulled over 400 boxes to the new place. This included 67 boxes of my classical guitar library. I have pain where I didn't know pain could exist, especially in the brain.

For those of you who might have had questions relating to GPO and Macs, I apologize for not being on top of them as I promised.

So here I sit in the land of boxes, not knowing where anything is, just wishing it would all go away, or at least organize itself.

Anyway, it's nice to be back and I just want to let everyone know how much I've missed this community.

Best to you all and a very belated but heartfelt happy Thanksgiving.

Karl

Re: Missed you all! Long time no post!

Welcome back!!! ...even though I don't know who you were, but that's doesn't matter.

♪♪♪♪ CâTĺ ♪♪♪♪

Now that is one cool smiley, welcome back Karl!!!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    I have heard psychologists say that next to a death in the family or a divorce, that moving is the third most stressful thing one can do. I now believe it to be true.
    I'm currently amidst the heck-on-earth known as "moving cross-country", and would argue furthermore that moving can also *result* in divorce or a death in the family!

Good to see you back. Hopefully your roots will grow back quickly.

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Hey Karl!! Welcome back! I hope you enjoy your new home! As Styxx would say "ezz good, no?"

Oops . . . wrong smiley . . . hmmm . . . that's interesting, but no . . .

oooo, that's nice . . . uh . . . yikes . . .

Well, this works :

Welcome Back!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: Missed you all! Long time no post!

EZZ FANTASTIC KARL EZZ BACK, YES?
    Styxx

Welcome back, Karl!

Things haven't changed all that much, and at the same time they've changed quite a lot. One thing that hasn't changed is my smiley of choice.

Best wishes in the new home.
    Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Karl!

Glad to see you back, man. I went to 16 different schools when I was growing up, and continued to live my life accordingly after I got out on my own, so believe me, I feel your pain. In all those places we didn't know we could hurt.

I've always found that after the essentials of a kitchen and bed to sleep on were taken care of, the rest was a kind of creative adventure as I arranged, decorated, and made each new place my own. Hopefully the creative side of your brain (the part that doesn't hurt) will come to enjoy it as well.

Have fun settling in!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks for the welcome. Oh yes the joys of settling in. Where’s that spatula? The burgers are about to burn. This morning I spent 3 hours looking for cables to hook up the audio on the computer so I could hear the new demos of the JABB on my monitors and not just the little Mac speaker. But oh was it worth it.

Thanks again everyone.

Welcome back Karl!

Go Back to forum