• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another quick JABB demo...

Share/Bookmark

Talking Another quick JABB demo...

OK, here's my entry:

Shuffle 4 JABB

Originally written (and performed!) by a quartet consisting of alto/bass/bass/contrabass clarinets, this version is slightly re-arranged (deranged?) for alto/bari/bass/contrabass saxes. OK, just a quartet, no percussion, no screech trumpets, just listen anyway

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Re: Another quick JABB demo...

Hmmm,

Don't have this problem with other demos usually.

Extremly low volume. Plays for a moment and then silence. I choose another area in the time line. Plays a moment, silence.

Thats with a Mac / Safari / Quicktime for MP3 playback.

You might wish to repost.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Hmmm,

Extremly low volume. Plays for a moment and then silence. I choose another area in the time line. Plays a moment, silence.

Ditto the above.

Thumbs up Re: Another quick JABB demo...

I had no problem playing it through Winamp. Nice arrangement.
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Another quick JABB demo...

Well, I'm not sax enthusiest and I'm listening on lousy speakers, but this sounds like a pump organ!
    Great tune, though! I'm sure on better speakers they sound more 'saxy', even though I'm not exactly sure what 'saxy' is. I need to be more exposed to different kinds of music! One of the reasons I was looking foreward to the release of JABB: DEMOS!!!!

Great job!
    -Chris

Unhappy Re: Another quick JABB demo...

Quote Originally Posted by dynamix
    Hmmm,

You might wish to repost.
    Hmmm... This is strange: the same file plays back perfectly on my home computer, but on my office computer I have the same problem you describe.

I'll try re-encoding...

Grant,

Enjoyed this arrangement. What a fun piece. The contrabass, bari and bass sax are terrific. I think this piece can be shine with just a few tweaks.

I agree the volume could come up. We need seismic disturbance on the low end. Judicious panning and stereo sepation can do this. A few growls may lend the right gnarliness. If you want to send the midi file to us we can have fun with it.

Thanks for posting Shuffle 4 JABB!

Gary

Question Re: Another quick JABB demo...

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Grant,

Enjoyed this arrangement. What a fun piece. The contrabass, bari and bass sax are terrific. I think this piece can be shine with just a few tweaks.

I agree the volume could come up. We need seismic disturbance on the low end. Judicious panning and stereo sepation can do this. A few growls may lend the right gnarliness. If you want to send the midi file to us we can have fun with it.

Thanks for posting Shuffle 4 JABB!

Gary
    Thanks Gary

I re-encoded the WAV file without using variable bit encoding: seems to help on my home machine. Try Shuffle2

Before GPO, I never saw that much point to MIDI recording: most of my music has been direct audio recording (to the extent I've done recording at all). So, this is still all a bit new to me. I know where I want to put in volume curves, and add vibrato: just haven't had the time to try it out and make it work

I'll email the MIDI file.

Enjoy,

Grant

Go Back to forum