• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 GPO Templates

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 GPO Templates

Okay, we all know that Finale comes with many many program changes that can, say, change the strings to pizzicato or tremelo, etc., and change them back to normal. Finale 2006 does not, however, come with the program changes that allow changes in the brass to mutes and other effects for different instruments.

Does anyone have templates for the full version of GPO (not just the Finale edition of it) that can make use of the different program changes available to the full version of GPO?

Or, in lieu of that, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial that would explain how to create a program change in Finale that would emulate this?
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

Re: Finale 2006 GPO Templates

Finale 2006 does do these things. Make sure you load instruments from the notation folder. Loading the trumpet KS patch for example, use Human Playback, make sure all of the GPO choices are selected in the HP preferences. Just insert a note expression "mute" to any trumpet note and it switches to mute. Make sure there is no playback definition assigned to the mute expression. HP just sees that word and does the rest.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Jeff

How do you make it un-mute... lol?

I didn't know HP would do that.

Is there a list somewhere of what key words it recognizes?

Thanks!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Finale 2006 does do these things. Make sure you load instruments from the notation folder.

Jeff
    Jeff, thanks for the info. I tries it and it works great. Awesome! How do you release the mute, however? I tried using "open" and nothing happened. Is there a list of words that human playback will recognize and implement with GPO?
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

There's is a list words in the PDF documentation that HP recognizes. I think "no mute" is what currently works. I believe in the next Finale 2006 update, that HP will be updated as well and it might contain additional words it recognizes. It's also my understanding that in Finale 2007, HP will also be able to trigger the multiple mute choices available in JBB.

Jeff

Go Back to forum