• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Piece with Synful Violin and Cello

Share/Bookmark

Piece with Synful Violin and Cello

Here's an attempt to see what I could do with Synful violin and cello. Piano is the Post Bos 290. Eventually I'll replace the violin and cello with recordings of real players, but for now I wanted to see what Synful is capable of. I think the Synful violin is amazingly expressive, almost OK as is. The cello is another story, however. It has a kind of fuzziness that I think reflects resynthesis artifacts. Still, I think you can get an idea of how the piece would sound.

Here's the link:

www.newmeyer.org/ThoseWhoMourn.mp3

Don

Re: Piece with Synful Violin and Cello

really beautiful

Hi Don, how's it going, long time since I've seen any of your posts. Like usual, really good stuff. I've pretty much come to expect this of your music. Still enjoying "Secret Place".

The solo stings are pretty expressive, I do not have Synful, but have Kirk solo stings, and Vienna solo stings. I may have to look into Synful though.

Well Don, drop me a line once in a while and let me know how things are going. Nice to hear your music again.

Is that the Giga Post Bos 290 or the vsti version? Liked the sound of it on this.

Thanks, Guybrush, ddarwin7.

Danny, I've been pretty tied up with my "day job", which is more like an "all-the-time job", and other demanding aspects of life lately. Just started writing music again. Thanks for asking!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    Is that the Giga Post Bos 290 or the vsti version? Liked the sound of it on this.
    Jake,
    It's the EXS24 version. As everybody here knows, there are a ton of pianos available, including some great ones from Post, but I am still pretty content with the Bos 290 (especially since many of the newer ones would be more demanding for my Powerbook).

Don

The notes are really well defined. Is this the 24 bit Bos or the 16 bit? (Last question about the specs, I promise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Grace
    Here's an attempt to see what I could do with Synful violin and cello. Piano is the Post Bos 290. Eventually I'll replace the violin and cello with recordings of real players, but for now I wanted to see what Synful is capable of. I think the Synful violin is amazingly expressive, almost OK as is. The cello is another story, however. It has a kind of fuzziness that I think reflects resynthesis artifacts. Still, I think you can get an idea of how the piece would sound.

Here's the link:

www.newmeyer.org/ThoseWhoMourn.mp3

Don
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    The notes are really well defined. Is this the 24 bit Bos or the 16 bit? (Last question about the specs, I promise.)
    I believe it's the original 16-bit version, dry patch, but with a light Space Designer reverb.

Great piece!! really pretty.

Yes, even with it's quirks, burps and overall odd sound with Synful I get the sense I'm listening to a musical performance- much moreso than other solo string emulations (so far- we'll see about Garritan's Strad soon hopefully). Maybe it's just being done on some odd ethnic variant of a standard violin and cello

The dynamics certainly turned out well.

Go Back to forum