• Register
  • Help

Topic: Headphone Earpad Advices

Share/Bookmark

Headphone Earpad Advices

Hi all,

I'm sorry that for my topic I don't know where to put in, so I post in here.

I'm using Sony MDR7506 and planning to buy a new headphone. I wish your guys could have some specific advices on this:

Sennheiser HD595

My question is, since the earpad of my 7506 is very easily to be torn off (your guys who use 7506 may expereince what I mentioned about) and is difficult for replacement, will the HD595 also have the similar problem? I mean if its earpad is also like the one from 7506 very easily to be torn off.

Thanks in advanced

Re: Headphone Earpad Advices

Buy a pair of AKG K240 DF headphones, make sure they are DF model. I bought mine many many years ago, and just recently replaced the leather ear rings, I don't refer to them as pads because they sit around your ears not smashing them like so many other bad designs.

You can mix on these things, they are that good.
    Dan

-Don't- get Audio Technicas! My ears almost feel like bleeding after 5-6 hours of wearing them, plus, they really make my hair look like crap (and they stay like that afterwards). They sounds ok though
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Thanks for your guys tips!

DPDAN, I used to have a K240DF long time ago for working, Now I'm not using it, but I like it actually. Well, such pad design on sony 7506 is really "a spot on jades"

Thank you, Lee Blaske. let me take a look on the shop for pad's replacement.

I don't know any defects of Audio Technica as I didn't use any. Thanks for telling me that, Theodor

Actually, why I ask about HD595 is because my freind will buy a HD595 and the shop will give us a discount if I join him for another pair. For 595, its sound is comfortable to me, so I'm really interested in it. But before that, I want to know its ear pad is robust or not.

I consider the issue of earpad because I experienced its problem in 7506. However, it works great to me, I like it. But the earpad is too easy to be torn off. It really annoys me, I don't want to repeat the defect again in a new headphone. So I need your guys advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Buy a pair of AKG K240 DF headphones, make sure they are DF model. I bought mine many many years ago, and just recently replaced the leather ear rings, I don't refer to them as pads because they sit around your ears not smashing them like so many other bad designs.

You can mix on these things, they are that good.
    Dan
    Dan,
    do they need an amplifier?
    Thanks
    sfiks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beepa
    I consider the issue of earpad because I experienced its problem in 7506. However, it works great to me, I like it. But the earpad is too easy to be torn off. It really annoys me, I don't want to repeat the defect again in a new headphone. So I need your guys advice.
    Have you ever bought replacement earpads and put new ones on?

I have not had the problems of the earpads coming off 7506's, and I have four pairs of them. I find that the earpads hold up for about five years of heavy use, but once replaced, things are as good as new.

I can't imagine that a new set of earpads would not totally cure your problem for a lot less than a new set of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    Dan,
    do they need an amplifier?
    Thanks
    If you want them even kinda loud yes, they are nowhere near as loud as Sony's, but loud is just that,.... loud

Dan

The AKG K240DF with its 600 ohm output impedance requires quite a bit more juice than most. But if you want something that sounds an awful lot like it, has higher output, is cheaper, and even more comfy... try a Fostex T20. When doing live recording I bring them both and only use the AKG for spot checks.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Once the Sony ear pads get stretched, they won't stay on. If you're looking for replacements, here's a place where they're readily available without a lot of hassle...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=283532&is=REG

Lee Blaske
    Thanks, I had been meaning to buy replacement pads. Its too bad they seem to get torn up so easily.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Once the Sony ear pads get stretched, they won't stay on. If you're looking for replacements, here's a place where they're readily available without a lot of hassle...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=283532&is=REG

Lee Blaske
    Thanks for the link, Lee! I've been meaning to buy those for a while, but since you posted the link, I had no excuse to put it off any longer!

- Mike Greene

Go Back to forum