• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 Miroslav Philharmonik demos from "Conan the Barbarian"

Share/Bookmark

2 Miroslav Philharmonik demos from "Conan the Barbarian"

I made a midimockup of two songs from Basil Poledouris's "Conan the Barbarian"-soundtrack.

Check them out and feel free to give me feedback...

The two songs are not complete, just excerpts, this due to the fact that I had no score to work with, and it took quite a while to figure it out. Some of the orchestration may be wrong, but I sure did my best trying to seperate the different instruments playing...

They're both made entirely with Miroslav Philharmonik.

Here's the link:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=346409&T=413

Cheers

Re: 2 Miroslav Philharmonik demos from "Conan the Barbarian"

Excellent work, Shantar!

Basil's Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite music, now I can hear it in "sample orchestra" (And both tracks are my favorite )

The only thing is for the envelopes of some instruments need to be "programmed" well, they sounds a bit synthy from this library. And more reverb is needed. However, I love them

Quote Originally Posted by Beepa
    Excellent work, Shantar!

Basil's Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite music, now I can hear it in "sample orchestra" (And both tracks are my favorite )

The only thing is for the envelopes of some instruments need to be "programmed" well, they sounds a bit synthy from this library. And more reverb is needed. However, I love them
    Hi, and thanks for your kind words. Regarding the synthy sound; I forgot to mention that I did not do any tweaking at all. I did not use any of the "amv" pathches, simply because I don't think they're too good to work with - gets clicking sounds even though I have a pretty smooth computer. I guess this is just sort of a "bug" that will be fixed anytime soon...
    As for the reverb, I felt that I'd already drowned the mix in it, so I really don't know if any more would do the trick...

Anyway, thanks again for your reply!

Conan the Barbarian is one of my ultimate favorite film scores, and I've listened to it more times than I can remember.

Prologue / Anvil of Crom - You did a pretty good job, and the things that stood out as being synthy were the slow attack of the brass and unconvincing legato of the strings. I'm not sure if it's the limitation of the Miroslav Philharmonik patches, or because you didn't use the appropriate patches/tweak the patches enough.

Theology/Civilizations - This one sounded a bit too languid and lacked vitality in the first half. The original, even though slow and mellow, had a sense of dynamic to it. The flute line at the end of the first half sounded really bad (1:14)--must be the patch you used.

Go Back to forum