• Register
  • Help

Topic: New song- I fall down

Share/Bookmark

New song- I fall down

Hi everyone- new song as part of a musical I am writing. Not sure about this and would like some feedback. Is it OK to write a song this depressing or should every song at least offer a glimmer of redemption. Am wondering whether to shelf this song. Link is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=405294

Thumbs up Re: New song- I fall down

Is it OK to write a song this depressing or should every song at least offer a glimmer of redemption.
    It depends. If it fits use it as is. I like the clearity of your mix. This is cool the way it is.
    Styxx

Re: New song- I fall down

Quote Originally Posted by sunny
    Hi everyone- new song as part of a musical I am writing. Not sure about this and would like some feedback. Is it OK to write a song this depressing or should every song at least offer a glimmer of redemption. Am wondering whether to shelf this song. Link is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=405294
    Of course it's OK . Rules do not determine the what makes music, or in fact any kind of art. You should compose what you want to compose and the way you want to.

But it's a great song! I assume you sang the vocals?

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Re: New song- I fall down

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm
    You should compose what you want to compose and the way you want to.
    I second that . . . as long as you're not depressing yourself . . . I'm not sure why anyone would purposefully want to do that to themselves

However, just because the subject of the lyrics may be sad, I don't feel the music is therefore "depressing" . . . like the song "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked.

Anyway, nice work, I enjoyed it, nice use of the piano! The melody is very catchy. Great violin as well!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum