• Register
  • Help

Topic: New song- Scream

Share/Bookmark

New song- Scream

Hi everyone. This is a song that is part of a musical I am trying to write. Orchestra was done as my first GPO project. I broke out in a cold sweat trying to arrange this. The genre is completely new to me. Mixing was most challenging as evrything was new to me. Would appreciate any thought, comments and help in improving the mix. My ears have shut down and I cannot put any more into this alone. Really appreciated! Link is...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=405294

Re: New song- Scream

I'm not getting this one for some reason. The player is up but not playing. Maybe I should scream at it?
    Styxx

Never mind I got it under Lo Fi.
    I can't comment too much on the mix except it sounds a bit muffled vocal wise. Then again it could be these cheap outboard laptop speakers.
    Just on comment ... percussion is a little erratic. Needs more dynamics. Other than that little bit I like your music very much!
    Looking forward to more!
    Styxx

I really liked this a lot. I would agree that you could add more dynamics to the percussions. It would add a lot more to the piece. And also, I'd think maybe a spice of more reverb would be great.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Some good writing, here!

But I think you know that.

The mix:

There's a certain lyric heroicism to the tenor of this piece; but to me, the mix sounds far too close and intimate. There are some minor balance problems, perhaps, as well; easily enough fixed. Overall, I might suggest a little more reverberation (careful!); and perhaps kicking the vocals down and back into the mix just a bit.

The arrangement:

The style of this piece strikes me in the general venue of some of the lavishly orchestrated Beatles' pieces; from which you might take a starting point. Arranging is as personal as composing (and a part of it, too); however, I'd suggest somewhat richer orchestrations in many places, a more evident presence of clear bass lines in some of the thinner segments, and perhaps the inclusion of some vocal harmonies.

Nice job on this so far, Sunny!

And... patience. This is a strong, vibrant piece. It will take time to do it justice.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum