• Register
  • Help

Topic: Selecting Atmosphere track causes Logic to say "Error While Trying To Synchronize"

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Selecting Atmosphere track causes Logic to say "Error While Trying To Synchronize"

I have the strangest problem; I have a track worked up with a few channels of Atmosphere, no problems for the first day I worked on it (no problems like this ever, as a matter of fact). Somehow, though, now when an Atmosphere track is selected, hitting "play" produces all sorts of crunching and crackling, followed by "Error while trying to synchronize Audio & MIDI; Sample rate 41576 (or whatever) recognized, please check external device". If I select a different track on the left side of the arrange page, there's no problem. The problem doesn't exist with other plugs (Absynth, EXS24, etc.) The problem is exactly the same if I just use the mac's internal audio (I usually use 3 MOTU 2408s) and turn the MOTU interfaces off, so I doubt it's related to the MOTU's 424 card or interfaces, or anything that's plugged into them. Searching "Error while trying to synchronize" produces hundreds of hits; has anyone ever heard of this? And what's the solution?

I will now select a smiley. No, a frowny...

Re: Selecting Atmosphere track causes Logic to say "Error While Trying To Synchronize"

Yikes!
    I just had this too, for the first time....and Logic crashed, as well. Not nice.

I just updated Logic to 7.1.1.....could that be significant?

Nigel

Re: Selecting Atmosphere track causes Logic to say "Error While Trying To Synchronize"

Hi, Nigel:

I seem to have fixed mine; it was one of 3 things:

1. Check all your system preferences ins/outs; my basic audio in was set to the digital in (optical in) on the mac; it might have been looking for clock there and not finding it (I never set it there that I remember, but...). I set it to Analog In.

2. I let my new G5 gather all the info from my old G4 when I bought it, and in the process it copied all the Digidesign drivers from the old one; I don't have ProTools installed on this machine, so that might have been confusing. I removed everything with "Digi" in the name from my system...

3. I booted up "Audio/Midi Setup" just to see what was going on (this is where I was surprised to see the Digi stuff as an option), clicked around, don't think I changed anything, but maybe it re-saved its prefs when I quit it and that reminded it of where it was looking for clock, or something.

In any event, something worked, try these, and good luck. Post your solution when you find it...

Go Back to forum