• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac version of Giovani nearly ready.

Share/Bookmark

Mac version of Giovani nearly ready.

Just thought I'd mention that I heard from Bela D today that the Mac version of Giovani should be ready this week. I know there are Giovani users on this forum and thought this might be good news to pass along.
    Cheers
    Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Thumbs up Re: Mac version of Giovani nearly ready.

YEAH.

The work for the Mac Vocal control has been seriously tested (...I know...;-)) and now the nice and easy tool to play sillabes and legato even in MAC OSX 10.4 is READY!

I'm a GPO, Giovani and MAC user, and I'm very happy with the blend. Some more samples coming soon.

Re: Mac version of Giovani nearly ready.

Hi Fabio

My Giovani arrived today. Very excited to get using it. Haven't figured out how to install or use it on my Mac yet and since you use it on the Mac, I thought I'd ask your help. I've downloaded the new VCU. I ran it and got a Midi Exception message. Mmmm.
    Any ideas?
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    YEAH.

The work for the Mac Vocal control has been seriously tested (...I know...;-)) and now the nice and easy tool to play sillabes and legato even in MAC OSX 10.4 is READY!

I'm a GPO, Giovani and MAC user, and I'm very happy with the blend. Some more samples coming soon.
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Smile Re: Mac version of Giovani nearly ready.

The MIDI exception message is only coming because you must select an existing (connected and turned on) MIDI device.

After selection of both MIDI in and MIDI out devices or internal busses, you may start working. Closing the application, your choice will be saved, and if when you open the VCU again, your selected devices or busses will be still connected/active/turned on, you will find it already in the MIDI set up.

If you turn off or deactivate a midi device or IAC bus, the MIDI exception message will appear again, just to remember that the MIDI selection is no longer available, so you may select another one, or simply turn on or re-activate the original one.

Thank you Fabio

Sorry guys. I/we did not see this thread until now. Tech support for VCU is hosted on our user forum. There are 4 of us standing by (coffee in hand)

Francis
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Hiya,

Yeah Fabio is 100% correct about the cause of the error.
    A little technical explanation may be necessary. The midi exception is generated when certain unknown key states happen. This is generally when midi devices have been shut down or removed and the audio/midi setup doesnt recognise their removal.

Ill take a look asap and see if there is anything that we can do to remedy the situation

Thanks
    Exponent

Go Back to forum