• Register
  • Help

Topic: Er, a weird question...

Share/Bookmark

Er, a weird question...

Can you load other samples into the GPO kontakt player? I've tried saving some samples with Kontakt 2 in a .nki format, but it won't load with the GPO Kontakt player.

Er, the reason is I want to try to use the samples with a notation program (since I'm more use to using them), and I can't use Kontakt 2 with Sibelius, so... I thought maybe you could load them up using the GPO kontakt player (in a .nki format), but er, it doesn't.

If that won't work, than are there any other solutions? I want to use sequencers as a last resort, sort of...
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Re: Er, a weird question...

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm
    Can you load other samples into the GPO kontakt player? I've tried saving some samples with Kontakt 2 in a .nki format, but it won't load with the GPO Kontakt player.

Er, the reason is I want to try to use the samples with a notation program (since I'm more use to using them), and I can't use Kontakt 2 with Sibelius, so... I thought maybe you could load them up using the GPO kontakt player (in a .nki format), but er, it doesn't.

If that won't work, than are there any other solutions? I want to use sequencers as a last resort, sort of...
    Well, you can use GPO Studio. Uses lots of memory, but it works wtih Sibelius There is a gpo plug in from Sibelius, that works with Sib 4, and costs $49.00. Or, depending what version of Sibelius you have, it might be advantageous to upgrade to the Sib 4 version which includes GPO.

Richard

Ah yes, I've heard about the plug in. Though I'm not sure if that would help though, but meh.

And I've also used the GPO studio, but nonetheless, the GPO kontakt player w/i the GPO studio still won't load the sample. It says that I would need to upgrade or something, since I've generated the samples on a newer version of Kontakt. I thought that maybe I could load the samples within GPO studio so I could conveniently use them w/ Sibelius. But thanks for your help!

It would be great if Sibelius had VST plug ins though.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm
    The first issue: It's not possible to load samples other than GPO samples into the GPO player. The GPO samples are specially encoded to work in the player. Any samples not uniquely encoded for the GPO player will not open in it.

The second issue: The GPO player is based on the Kontakt 1.5 engine. Any edits (even to encoded GPO samples) done in K2 will not open in the player because the player will not recognize a file saved in a newer version than 1.5.

Tom

Alright, thanks for clarifying.
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Go Back to forum