• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finale & J&BB

Share/Bookmark

Question Finale & J&BB

I have been using GPO successfully with FinaleMac 2006 for some time. I have just installed J&BB and cannot get it to work.

When (in Finale) I go to Native Instruments AU Setup, J&BB doesn't appear, only Native Instruments: Garritan Personal Orchestra; and Native Instruments: Finale GPO.

Am I missing something?

John

Re: Finale & J&BB

Yes, I have experienced he same thing in my new installation of Finale 2006. I'll bring it to Finale's attention on Monday. Perhaps someone out there has found the solution - please post if you have. Just to be clear: The .dll file is in the correct VST folder. Despite that, the JABB choice does not appear in the Finale drop down.

Tom

Hi
    Just to be sure, in case you haven't done it, it is wise to do a "repair permissions" after the installation. That may not be the answer, but I am repeatedly reminded that this procedure is mandatory after any installation. For what it is worth, my installation worked fine and JABB shows in the drop down menu. I'll follow this thread with interest to see what the solution turns out to be.
    Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

John,

I installed JBB yesterday (on a Mac), choose the custom install which included the notation version of JBB, and it works perfect from within Finale 2006. Actually I've been having so much fun playing with it, I forgot to repair my permissions.

Jeff

What on earth does it mean to "repair" one's "permissions"? (Sounds like a genteel description of a bodily function...). My JABB is on the way and I live and breathe Finale 2006, so I'll probably need to know about this stuff...
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

I had the same problem with JABB and Finale 2006 (on pc). I did a complete newinstallation of Finale and JABB. Nothing happened.

My solution: download finale 2006a(!). after updating from 2006 to 2006a it works very well.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    John,

I installed JBB yesterday (on a Mac), choose the custom install which included the notation version of JBB, and it works perfect from within Finale 2006. Actually I've been having so much fun playing with it, I forgot to repair my permissions.

Jeff
    I also did the custom install including notation version. And I repaired the permissions, but Midi>Native Instruments AU Setup brings drop-down menu with no JBB in it.

John

Quote Originally Posted by bellmusic
    I have been using GPO successfully with FinaleMac 2006 for some time. I have just installed J&BB and cannot get it to work.

When (in Finale) I go to Native Instruments AU Setup, J&BB doesn't appear, only Native Instruments: Garritan Personal Orchestra; and Native Instruments: Finale GPO.

Am I missing something?

John
    Replying to myself:
    Brian at Macsupport came up with the solution. I was inadvertently firing up Finale 2006 thinking it was 2006a. You need to have 2006a for Garritan J&BB to work.

John

Finale 2006a and JABB ..no sound?

I'm having similar problems as Bellmusic:

sorry for the triple post from other threads:

pk

Originally Posted by lonearrngr@comcast.n
    Finale 2006 a and JABB ..no sound?

Well, I got the JABB today and got it installed and registered with minimal hassle, I can see it on my computer in Finale 2006a, I can select and load the Kontakt players, but:

I get no sound on playback ..

( and yes, I have read the manual )

I noticed in the dropdown menus an option for "notation" ..should I be loading the players through this option in order for the JABB to read the Finale score?

any help would be appreciated as I am NOT a technoid... I'm a technically frustrated composer type!

If you're doing what I think you're doing, yes
    When you load the instruments in Finale, load the "notation" version. I had the exact same problem at first.

And roll up the mod wheel

Grant
    Join Date: Dec 2004 | Location: Silicon Valley, CA | Posts: 116 | | | Reply |

( okay -did all that pk )

Author Topic: Re: JABB Tutorials?
    lonearrngr@comcast.n

Posted: 12-02-2005, 04:07 PM | Edit | Quote
    Okay:

did all that ..used "notation" in the drop down, got a 16 pc band in 2 Kontact players ( used the "lite" choices wherever available:

Player #1
    pno -MIDI 1
    bs " 2
    drums " 10
    5 saxes 3 thru 7

Player #2

8 brass ( lite versions ) MIDI 17 thru 24

( got a "low memory" flag loading bone 4 ?)

checked the insrument list to make sure it was the same ..

a bit of progress ..the piano and bass seem to play , but nothing else does ( and they showed being loaded )

all apps shut down except for F2006a and I have I GB RAM ..

any ideas ???

Please.... could somebody please tell me what "repairing permissions" means?

Thanks
    Steve Main
    stmain@aol.com
    www.stephenmain.com

Go Back to forum