• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan JAZZ & BIG BAND Ships! First Run Sold out!

Share/Bookmark

Garritan JAZZ & BIG BAND Ships! First Run Sold out!

GARRITAN JAZZ AND BIG BAND SOLD OUT

The new Jazz & Big Band collection has begun shipping this week and all pre-orders have shipped. Due to popular demand, the Jazz and Big Band library is already SOLD OUT! Between pre-sales, distributor orders and academic orders we are wiped out of our inventory. However, we placed a rush order with the replicator (paid an extra rush fee) and will be getting another large shipment on November 30th.

The Garritan Jazz & Big Band Library offers a complete collection of jazz and big band sampled instruments to create great-sounding jazz and big band arrangements. It features over 50 individual instruments including: a comprehensive saxophone collection (16 different saxes), 5 trumpets (with various mutes plus a scream trumpet), 5 trombones (with various mutes), a complete rhythm section, guitars, a Steinway jazz piano, vintage electric piano, acoustic and electric basses, vibraphone, Latin percussion and more. The Garritan Jazz & Big Band Library is the only library of its kind and fills a needed void in the world of sample libraries. Garritan Jazz & Big is now available for an introductory price of $259. Powered by the Native Instruments Kontakt Player, it will work on a single computer and/or laptop, Mac or PC platform, Standalone, or plug-in for all major sequencers (VST, DX, AU, RTAS), runs in RAM and works with Fionale 2006.

We recently put up a big band demo at our website www.garritan.com/jazz.html and more demos will be posted soon.

Gary Garritan

Re: Garritan JAZZ & BIG BAND Ships! First Run Sold out!

Congratulations, Gary and crew, on another huge success. I can't say it surprises me, though... You could put out a sample set of chalkboard scratches and people would buy it, knowing it would be of great quality and value.

I would have ordered JABB by now, but this squirrel is waiting to see if the nuts he's gathered this year will last him through the winter. No doubt this and the Solo Strad will be on my list when the nuts are flowing again. (I'm setting up a good punch line for Styxx here, eh?)
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Man, that's great to hear, Gary. You guys have been working so hard on this, it's nice to see the success!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Wow, that's terrific... I'm glad that this is such a successful product... I am certain it will start a precedent for sound libraries...

Thumbs up Re: Garritan JAZZ & BIG BAND Ships! First Run Sold out!

...well done Gary.

*sigh*
    It's posts like this that make me wish I were a jazz musician...
    Congrats on your well-deserved success, Gary, Tom, Jeff, and others!

-Chris

Congratulations Gary and the team! I wouldn't want to be licking the stamps for that lot...

Talking Re: Garritan JAZZ & BIG BAND Ships! First Run Sold out!

Just an observation - already sold out based on reputation and expectation alone. Wait until the world gets the word how astonishingly good this library is.!

Trond

[

We recently put up a big band demo at our website www.garritan.com/jazz.html and more demos will be posted soon.

Gary Garritan

[/QUOTE]
    Could you tell us a little bit about how this demo was put together and recorded?
    Thanks.

Keith Walls

Keith there is some info here but you've most likely already seen that.

It would be great it Tom could find the time to give an almost step by step wlakthrough of how he produced this demo.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Go Back to forum