• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio and Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio and Cubase

Hello indeed...I was wondering if there is a way to hook up Gigagstudio and Cubase together in the same computer so I can hear the sound chosen in Giga while recording a track in Cubase...I'm a newbie in this regard so ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated

Rod
    www.rcband.com

(I'm using an M-Audio sound card as well as an SB Audigy)

Re: Gigastudio and Cubase

If you are using GS3 then you have Rewire capability. If that's the case, load GS3 then Cubase. Create a MIDI track in Cubase and set your ouput to Giga: out Port 1. Make sure that in the devices column you have the GS3 Rewire channels active. Load a sample in GigaStudio and make sure the MIDI track for GigaStudio is highlighted in Cubase and you should be in business.

I appreciate that you've taken the time to reply to my post I am using Gigastudio 32. I picked it up to see if I liked the program before buying the more expensive version. Is it possible to do what you've suggested with this version as well...or is only available in the higher end?

Rod
    www.rcband.com

If I am not mistaken, I think only GS3 has Rewire capability. Rewire simply means that you can use two seperate programs together as one on a single computer as you are trying to do. Not all applications have this capability though.

I don't think GS32 has Rewire capability but I could be wrong. Perhaps someone with knowledge of the older versions of GigaStudio can help you out more and there are plenty of those people here. I am only familiar with GS3 having jumped ship from using another sampler recently. GS3 does work with Cubase though as I use them together all the time. Good luck.

Yes...I assumed that this may be the case...the manual that comes with the program is all but useless. I know that Cubase can be OPENED from Giga....but beyond that I can find no literature regarding this operation
    Rod
    www.rcband.com

True, you can also open Cubase within GS3. However in your case with GS32, I believe the programs still remain seperate.

Wait a little longer and let someone else chime in on this. Perhaps they can help you a little more than I can and/or offer some workarounds if possible. Take care.

OK let me think. You need to use a virtual MIDI cable to route from Cubase to Giga. Then you will need to route back from your soundcard into Cubase. Some cards (RME is one example) do this with software, so you don't need physically to route anything.

D

Soundin' promising...is the virtual midi cable a program? If so, where might I find said animal?
    Rod
    www.rcband.com

Do a Goggle search for Virtual MIDI cable and you will find some suggestions. I use Maple, but I'm not sure that it's available ATM.

D

That one seems to have gone the way of the Dodo...but I'm gonna give MIDI Yoke a try....thanx tons for your help!
    Rod
    www.rcband.com

Go Back to forum