• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A new Spellbound demo

Share/Bookmark

A new Spellbound demo

Hi All,

Spent a few days in NY recording vocals for a new song from our show and thought I would share it. It's a very rough mix at the moment.

Caught in a Moment

Here is the scene:

In their travels through the White Mountains of Valgon, our lead female (Herianne) sleeps by the fire wrapped around Raven (a scout who just happens to have joined them on their quest!). When they awake in the morning, the three teachers of magik are preparing breakfast - well, cooking eggs over a campfire. After a little argument about a piece of egg shell in the pot, Raven and Herianne awake and are confronted by the teasing of the others. Raven admits, after a little taunting, that he is completely in love with Herianne, while Herianne tries to deny her feelings for him to Cheryn, Bertia (the female teacher of Magik hasn't a clue what's going on. Infact, she thinks the entire song is about the egg shell in the breakfast!)

I hope you all enjoy. The instrumental bit in the middle is to be filled with dialogue - more teasing from the others.

All instrumentation is GPO and vocals were recorded on a laptop using a shure mic. The mix was done in Cubase SE (crappy drums are lm-7 in Cubase) so please be gentle with comments. Nah, just be honest! Tell us what needs correcting Sorry about the file size (6Mb)

Many thanks to Neotypic for hosting this until we get it up on our website (Spellbound - The Musical)

Here are other songs from the show:

Fragile
    Wish You Were Here
    Spellbound Opening
    Just a Girl
    As He Sleeps
    Garlan's Return
    Greeme's Warning

Kind regards to all,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: A new Spellbound demo

url not found .... Wahhhh .....

I like it...
    The vocals are Cool!

LongStudio

Quote Originally Posted by YBaCuO
    url not found .... Wahhhh .....
    should be up now. Sorry about that.

Hi,

Oh it was really nice. The drums is the thing who sounded a bit less good to but like you said you will change it probably I rarely listen to that type of music so I cant really say much, just that it didnt false no where for my hear The loved the vocals too.

Saldor

A very nice piece. Vocals are great! I've listened to some of the others, and it sounds very good as well.

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Once again -- Excellent!

Gentle with comments? There is no need to be.

This is top-flight work.

May I wish you every success with this: On the merits, you richly deserve it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow, Thanks everyone for your comments Glad you remembered some of the other stuff, Etlux - and thank you very much for your best wishes for our success. The US premiere of the show is in mid to late 2006 and we are all very excited about it. We still hope to include mention of Gary's software and should be including the GPO name on all rehearsal material.

Incidentally, we will be holding auditions for the show early next year in Boston and NY, should any of you out there be interested. We need a whole range of voices, actors, dancers and acrobats. Let me know if you are interested and we'll be in touch.

Kind regards to all,
    Kin

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Glad you remembered some of the other stuff, Etlux - and thank you very much for your best wishes for our success.
    I've been following your work on this with much admiration for some time, Kin.

I'm generally not a fan of musicals... but you're doing a knock-out job on this material.

Given my predispositions, if you can reach and deeply affect a hard-sell audience like me? I'd say you've *got* to be riding a winning rocket.

I don't recall if I said this before; if not, I should have:

Bravo!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

The musical looks and sounds really great! I love the melodies, they are very catchy, and the orchestration and counter-point is well done. I'm a lover of the fantasy genre, wizards and magic and such Best of luck to you and the crew on the opening! From the sounds of it, I think it will do very well Nice work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast