• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO, Kontak2 and FInale 2006, glissando issues

Share/Bookmark

GPO, Kontak2 and FInale 2006, glissando issues

Hello,

i am using GPO and upgraded the Kontakt player that came with it to the full version of Kontakt2.

I wrote a piece of music in with Finale 2006 and it is played nicely under Kontakt PLayer, even the glissandi of the strings.
    But if i try to play it with the Kontakt 2 player, the glissandi are not applied and won't be played.

Any idea how to fix this?

Re: GPO, Kontak2 and FInale 2006, glissando issues

Found the reason for the mess: I had to turn the slider in the mod module to the most right...

But i got another question here too:

I now want to import and implement for easy use all of the GPO database into the Kontakt 2 database, so i get dropdown-menu access for the various instruments. Do you have any idea how i can accomplish that? I tried it with the regular database import-feature, but i had no success so far.

This may seem a silly question but I'm pretty much a tech dummy:

I have Finale 2006a with the GPO sound font and the Kontact player ..my problem is this:

I can manage to get the Kontact player loaded successfully for the first 8 slots and all sounds fine but:

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the NEXT bank of 8 to open to assign more sounds . I've read and re-read the Finale manual instructions and no luck!

I know its probably something dumb I've missed , but I need help ..I've got the GPO jazz package on the way and I've gotta get this solved!

HELP!

Phil Kelly
    iMac G4 1.23 GHz processor, 1 Gig RAM
    Finale 2006a
    lonearrngr@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Aurel
    I now want to import and implement for easy use all of the GPO database into the Kontakt 2 database, so i get dropdown-menu access for the various instruments. Do you have any idea how i can accomplish that? I tried it with the regular database import-feature, but i had no success so far.
    Click the database tab in the browser. Select View>Instruments Quickload. Highlight the box to the left of the folders you want to show up in the quickload dropdown menu. Repeat this for the View>banks quickload and view>multi quickload.

Quote Originally Posted by dbudde
    Click the database tab in the browser. Select View>Instruments Quickload. Highlight the box to the left of the folders you want to show up in the quickload dropdown menu. Repeat this for the View>banks quickload and view>multi quickload.
    Superb, thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by lonearrngr@comcast.n
    This may seem a silly question but I'm pretty much a tech dummy:

I have Finale 2006a with the GPO sound font and the Kontact player ..my problem is this:

I can manage to get the Kontact player loaded successfully for the first 8 slots and all sounds fine but:

I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the NEXT bank of 8 to open to assign more sounds . I've read and re-read the Finale manual instructions and no luck!

I know its probably something dumb I've missed , but I need help ..I've got the GPO jazz package on the way and I've gotta get this solved!

HELP!

Phil Kelly
    iMac G4 1.23 GHz processor, 1 Gig RAM
    Finale 2006a
    lonearrngr@comcast.net

Well, i try to help you out there, it's late here and i hope i am not too confusing.

In Finale 2006 in the Midi section, chose "Finale GPO" for banks 17-32. Then press the "setup" button next to it. In the GPO Kontakt player that will show up now install your instruments and load them properly.

Now go to the instruments menu in Finale 2006 and assign to all parts, that are played with the second "bank/instance" of GPO, the correct midi channel.

That's channel 17-32. Keep in mind, that channel 17 in Finale corresponds with midi channel 1 of the second GPO set you applied.

So it looks like this:

Finale 2006, parts/staffs 9-16 = midi channel 17-32.
    GPO Kontakt player, second "instance" = midi channel 1-8.

A more clear tutorial how to do this can be found on the GPO homepage.

Go Back to forum