• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Do not forget...

Share/Bookmark

Do not forget...

...tomorrow, 24th November, is 'let the them stand on their own two feet day'. Troublesome and ungrateful as they were, and unappreciative of tea, time passes and it is important to draw a veil. As George the Third said, (translating from the original latinised anglo-german), if they think they can make a better fist of it, let them get on with it.' It was all a ruse to let supermarkets sell turkeys twice.

The book and the score follows shortly.

Question Re: Do not forget...

Quote Originally Posted by dermod
    ...tomorrow, 24th November, is 'let the them stand on their own two feet day'. Troublesome and ungrateful as they were, and unappreciative of tea, time passes and it is important to draw a veil. As George the Third said, (translating from the original latinised anglo-german), if they think they can make a better fist of it, let them get on with it.' It was all a ruse to let supermarkets sell turkeys twice.

WHAT?
    Styxx

Re: Do not forget...

Hey, we appreciate the tough love. Thanks for letting us go so graciously. It could have been such a painful separation, but your wisdom and guidance through the whole thing really made the process as smooth and gentle as possible. I still send a few cents to the motherland every time I buy a stamp, just to remind myself of where I came from.

I'll dip a bag of Lipton Decaf for you tomorrow!

chris.

Quote Originally Posted by dermod

Ah, thank you for sharing that with us... It just goes to prove that when the cannons are silent, the muses are heard and when shrimps learn to whistle, a rolling stone gathers no moss, as the crow flies... Just thought I'd make things clear...

Question Re: Do not forget...

Yes very confusing message...the only meaning I may suppose...

It seems to be a kind of British joke about Americans, and his success in being indipendent...funny thing for us far, foreign, latin guys...

After the last assault to the Capitol of the Royal Marines in 1813, I considered hostility between British and America closed....

(...they are maybe unappreciative of tea, but to call Americans ungrateful after WWI and WWII...they saved two time the Kingdom from a total disaster...yes don't forget history people... )

You're just jealous because you don't get a day off of work .

MsP

[QUOTE=CallMeZoot]Hey, we appreciate the tough love. Thanks for letting us go so graciously. It could have been such a painful separation, but your wisdom and guidance through the whole thing really made the process as smooth and gentle as possible. I still send a few cents to the motherland every time I buy a stamp, just to remind myself of where I came from.

I'll dip a bag of Lipton Decaf for you tomorrow!

chris.[/QUOTE

Only Twinings breakfast blend will do. I will accept the cents, but only as a special favour to a distant cousin.

I think I'm going to start a new family tradition on Thanksgiving. From now on we'll call it: "Call a Brit and Gloat Day."

I wonder if we could start a movement where on Thanksgiving everybody in America buys a prepaid phone card, dials a random British residence and just gloats until the phone card runs out.

Heehee...

chris.

Thumbs down Re: Do not forget...

Eh, ya know what? I'm not even gonna go there.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    I think I'm going to start a new family tradition on Thanksgiving. From now on we'll call it: "Call a Brit and Gloat Day."
    chris.
    "Call an English person and gloat" might be more appropriate, you got rid of 'em we Scots are still trying

Go Back to forum