• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio 3.04 takes 10 minutes to boot! Help!

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 3.04 takes 10 minutes to boot! Help!

I just got me a custom built laptop from pc audio labs

3.4ghz p4
    2gb RAM
    Indigo Dj soundcard
    2x60gbsata hds

I have one drive dedicated to sample storage. Anyhow, I installed gigastudio3.04, disabled my on board soundcard, and it loaded fine for the first 3 or 4 times I used my computer, then suddenly, my edirol orchestral plugin does not load, and it takes 10 minutes to boot GS! I clean installed my GS, and it worked fine again, but after a few uses, and some time elapsed of not using GS, I try to boot it again, and it doesn't load up like it normally did.

This sucks. Anyone know of this problem?

Re: Gigastudio 3.04 takes 10 minutes to boot! Help!

2 suggestions:

First (more of a question) I do not know Indigo soundcards. Is yours GSIF compatible? Be aware. At least make sure you have the latest drivers. Speaking of updates.....

Second, Why GS 3.04? Try doing the update to 3.12. Might be just the ticket.

Good luck

Belbin

It is a friend's copy, and he is not here. I need the update file. Yes, the card is GSIF compatible. If someone could send me a copy of the update file via Aim so that I can see if that fixes anything, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Belbin

It loads fine when I have the option "No external components" checked, but I have no idea what they mean by external components. I can't use it like this though.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

If you post your name and address here, I'm sure someone could send it to you. It's too big to e-mail.

I'm on AIM by the name "ddamaged1". It can be sent through there if anyone can give me their AIM name.

Ok I just got teh key from my friend. Nevermind about the update. I will keep you guys posted.

Oh man, that thing made it all worse, now the reg code keeps resetting itself, and I can't get into the program.

The original problem may not have been a driver or registration issue at all.

That delay could have been caused by Giga doing its regular scan of all VST plugins before actually starting up. If you have a large number of plugins installed, you may have some of them which do not respond well to Giga's scanning. Your reference to Edirol could be an indicator of this.

As a test, you could try renaming your /Vstplugins/ folder(s) so that they are not scanned, and see if Giga starts up much faster as a result. You could also try removing the VST plugins folder from Giga's configuration settings.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewis
    The original problem may not have been a driver or registration issue at all.

That delay could have been caused by Giga doing its regular scan of all VST plugins before actually starting up. If you have a large number of plugins installed, you may have some of them which do not respond well to Giga's scanning. Your reference to Edirol could be an indicator of this.

As a test, you could try renaming your /Vstplugins/ folder(s) so that they are not scanned, and see if Giga starts up much faster as a result. You could also try removing the VST plugins folder from Giga's configuration settings.
    I remember that! Wish I'd thought of it before screwing up poor d's computer on him. Sorry the update did more harm than good. Any progress with it?

Belbin

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Guys, I really don't think this sounds like a legit licensee.

Go Back to forum