• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL MIR is coming...

Share/Bookmark

VSL MIR is coming...

It's now been 'officially' revealed as part of the VSL countdown. This will be interesting

Re: VSL MIR is coming...

Yep... looks like they will release MiR and The Cube at the same time (or announce them atleast). Big stuff!

Any speculation on how MIR will be different than current multichannel IR offerings?

steve

Well, it may come in a realtime version with less detail, and a non-realtime version where the processing of 100s of IR positions will be possible...just a guess.

It also appears it'll need it's own PC. and will be PC only, at least for a while.

There has been a lot of discussion about this over on the VSL site. It appears as if the traditional reverb is only one of the purposes of MIR, so it is not suprising that it will need it's own machine. Therefore it makes sense to run it from the cheapest machine possible (and coincidentally the one with the biggest market share).

Of course when the Apple Intel PCs are a reality then I'm sure that these will run it when booted from XP, rather than OSX, so those people who prefer the Apple logo to a generic PC can have their wish come true.

D

Quote Originally Posted by command_shift
    It's now been 'officially' revealed as part of the VSL countdown. This will be interesting
    Hi friends, what does the acronym MIR mean? not the russian space station, I think

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fl3ck
    Hi friends, what does the acronym MIR mean? not the russian space station, I think

Thanks.
    Multi Impulse Response

so all this is a reverb+the "car like costing" cube....a bit strange as christmas announcement

I hoped for a VI

Well... I have been waiting for Cube+Mir since ive first heard of them. So bring it on...

I do fear the price though!

Go Back to forum