• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase VST 5.1 and tempo...

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Cubase VST 5.1 and tempo...

Hello,

May be this not the accurate forum to talk about Cubase ... if its the case i'll delete the post, here's my question :

I need to know how to change the tempo at a specific point of my composition.. i've already noticed that cubase follows the tempo variations on some midi files ( provided that you don't forget to enable "master" button in cubase ) that have been created on Sibelius or Guitar pro, but i don't know how to do that thing directly in Cubase 5.1.

Thanks for your help

Re: Cubase VST 5.1 and tempo...

It's a long time since I used 5.1, but I think the easiest place to create tempo changes was the Graphical Mastertrack (which is probably found under the edit menu). Along the bottom of the Graphical Mastertrack is a big purple stripe representing tempo. All you have to do is create a split point in this stripe, then use the pencil tool to raise or lower the tempo to the right of the split point. I think you could probably also create more gradual changes using the cross-hair tool whilst holding the 'Alt' button.

This is all explained very clearly in the manual, as well as hitpoints, which is a very useful feature (not to be confused with hitpoints in SX).

D

Thank you really reallyy, it's working great

Go Back to forum