• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Autumn Concerto, 3rd mov. "Leaves Scattering"

Share/Bookmark

Autumn Concerto, 3rd mov. "Leaves Scattering"

The last installment of the Autumn Concerto has been completed and uploaded. Finally, this bear of a project is done! Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

Here are the three movements together, for those of you who may have missed installements one and two:

Autumn Concerto - Mv. I, Polychromasia
    Autumn Concerto - Mv. II, The Same Tree
    Autumn Concerto - Mv. III, Leaves Scattering

The third movement is quite a bit more dissonant overall. It begins and ends in three simultaneous keys: B (strings), Eb (winds), and C# (piano). A horrific and compelling sound! The final 8 bars are quite ferocious.

Comments on this movement as well as the overall set are much welcomed.

Thanks for listening.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Thumbs up Re: Autumn Concerto, 3rd mov. "Leaves Scattering"

OH MY GOD! I am speechless! Playing it again! OH MY GOD! Take my stars will ya!!!
    Styxx

Re: Autumn Concerto, 3rd mov. "Leaves Scattering"

Wow, I really love this movement as well. The entire concerto is quite the grand work! I especially like it in this movement when it gets somewhat quiet again towards the beginning of 2/3rds through. Very nice gestures.

Overall very creative and unique, thanks for sharing your piece with us

BRAVO. Tremendous concerto and great finale. Well done.

This entire concerto is absolutely splendidly beautiful. Congratulations on an outstanding piece!

Kind Regards

LouisD

BRAVO, Jamie, this is a magnificent achievement. I particularly enjoyed the way,the Piano and Orchestra seemed like partners rather than antagonists.
    Too many concerto's resort to empty showboating,and grand gestures, and content and development get left behind.
    That is certainly not the case here.There is a pleasing continuity of tone between the movements.The piece uses a French/Russian harmonic language in a really unique way, and nothing sounds forced or unnatural.
    I found the musical argument so absorbing, I forgot to notice it was GPO. Mmmmmmm I must listen again to check out how you used the Samples so transparently.
    This Concerto is richly deserving of a Live performance. I sincerely hope it happens.
    regards

Thank you all for the kind words. It's so nice to have a place to share my music, and get actual feedback for it!

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    I particularly enjoyed the way the Piano and Orchestra seemed like partners rather than antagonists. Too many concerto's resort to empty showboating, and grand gestures, and content and development get left behind.
    It probably helps that I'm not a concert pianist. If I really, really practiced I could play the piano for this concerto, though it would never be a stunning performance. I do hope that if the opportunity comes along for this to be played live, that good pianists won't shun it due to it's subdued nature.

I found the musical argument so absorbing, I forgot to notice it was GPO. Mmmmmmm I must listen again to check out how you used the Samples so transparently.
    It is indeed GPO, and only GPO! It's a testament to the software that I'm actually satisfied with this recording (my being so anal about these things). Mind you, there are probably tens of thousands of controller messages sprinkled throughout.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Wonderful!

And superbly executed. ( all three movements!)

I like the transients from forceful to the quieter moments.. Nice change in chord progressions.

And a perfect ending.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw
    It probably helps that I'm not a concert pianist. If I really, really practiced I could play the piano for this concerto, though it would never be a stunning performance.
    I know what you mean Jamie. I tried to play my flute sonata recently, and found that I could hardly play it at all. It seems I would have to learn it, just like any other pianist.
    In fact sometimes being the composer is too distracting to play it properly, because the mind is racing with other possibilities, roads not taken etc,
    I think your Concerto offers the pianist a chance to show what a great Musician he is, rather than just another prestidigitator.
    regards

Excellent concerto! Bravo! Wonderful! Now we demand a winter concerto!
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast