• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New pianos from Back in Time

Share/Bookmark

New pianos from Back in Time

Sill more pianos: One of these is ready now, but about to be upgraded, according to their KVR-VST support forum. The Bluthner is still on its way.
    A Schimmel, here too, though it's very clearly not the one being discussed in the other thread.

http://www.backintimerecords.de/bitr009.htm

Only a few of the demo mp3's are active. Judging from the release dates given on the site, these pianos will be released soon. Nice velvety tone, though one of the pianos is only 16 megs. Looped, I guess, but looped after several seconds. Hearing these demos made me want to play these pianos. Inexpensive, too...

(Looks like I'll be buying the Art Vista piano next, though. Too nice to miss.)

Re: New pianos from Back in Time

Wow. No one liked these pianos at all? I thought they had a nice sound. Limited pallate, given the small size, but their timbre reminded me of pianos on jazz albums from the 50's and 60's. Not sure I could get this exact sound by filtering the pianos I have. (How did they get this sound?)

I liked the prepared piano library, and you're right, the Schimmel has an unusual sound, but the demos for the Bluthner don't work at all.

I've just had a try but I can't listen to any of the pianos at all. It's not as tho' I have any modifier keys depressed: any ideas?

The Blüthner piano looks very interesting: I used to play on an old Blüthner years ago and it would be interesting to hear it again (if only I could fathom out what to do...).

Most of the links on the page don't work. Try scrolling down towards the bottom of the page. The links for the larger piano set do work.

I should say that this set of sounds may be of interest to a limited set of people who like the specific sound of these pianos. Not as big a sound as some gigabyte pianos these days, but still a valid, late night at the piano bad\quartet way.

Another piano timbre for very little money, in other words. I'll be glad once they get them all completed. I'll post a question on their forum at KVR and see if they know when they'll be finishing them up. (My guess is that they haven't updated the web site links because they're trying to finish up the libraries.)

Hi, I´m Klaus P. Rausch from Back In Time Records.

Thanks a lot for the interest in our Grand Piano sampling projects. We´re doing this since 1995 and the coming up versions of the Schimmel CO256 Concert Orchestra and the Bluethner Custom can be quite interesting for specific musical styles.

The currently available versions of the Schimmel CO256 are small ones, MBs sized speaking, but upgradeable to the larger versions coming soon.

The Bluethner project is totally new and the first results will be available early 2006.

If you have specific questions: Let me know and I´ll answer them here.

Quote Originally Posted by kpr
    If you have specific questions: Let me know and I´ll answer them here.
    Here's a specific question:

When do you plan to fix the links?

Ernie

kpr:

Is the library that's currently available downloadable?

To my ear - nice job of sampling - bad choice of ambience.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie
    Here's a specific question:

When do you plan to fix the links?

Ernie
    Page is updated, sorry for the confusion. Invalid links are deleted and the several mp3s will appear when the concerned product or MB-version is available.

Go Back to forum