• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 crashes with multiprocessor option (Mac)

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 crashes with multiprocessor option (Mac)

Hi,

Do any of you who work with Kontakt 2 on a multiprocessor Mac experience crashes when Kontakt's multiprocessor option is turned on? I was experiencing multiple crashes until I turned the option off, and now everything is back to normal. This was the case with my G4, and now also with my new G5. Kontakt2 crashes in standalone mode, or it will crash my sequencer (Digital Performer) when used as a plugin.

Anyone else seeing this? The crashes are seemingly random (but very frequent), so I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce them so I could file a bug report with NI.

Any tips for trying to fix this?

This is with the latest publicly available version of Kontakt (2.02).

Thanks!

Re: Kontakt 2 crashes with multiprocessor option (Mac)

Make sure you have the latest version of DP as well. I had this problem (It was documented, I believe v4.52 was the fix) until I updated. I now run K2 with DP with the dual processor support on and have no problems outside of the occasional processor spike.

I do have the latest version of DP (4.61), and also I get the crashes with the standalone Kontakt2 application, so the problem doesn't seem to lie with DP. There must be something else in my system that's conflicting. Guess I'll have to investigate...

Thanks for the reply.

I'm new to K2 and DP 4 and a Dual 2.7 so my apologies but how do you turn the multiprocessor function on or off? In which program or both?

Thanks

Go Back to forum