• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: MULTIPLE STANDALONE INSTANCES of K2?

Share/Bookmark

MULTIPLE STANDALONE INSTANCES of K2?

How does one achieve this?

NOT loading in several instances to VSTACK. This is NOT what I mean. I would like to access more than 4 ports worth of instruments.

Any thoughts?????

TIA

DR

Re: MULTIPLE STANDALONE INSTANCES of K2?

I believe that you can only use 1 instance at a time in Stand Alone mode. That is why I bought VSTack.

Make a copy of the original program on your drive (make copy of icon). I am able to run 3 instances of K2 reliably in standalone mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dvincent
    Make a copy of the original program on your drive (make copy of icon). I am able to run 3 instances of K2 reliably in standalone mode.
    That's cool! I'll have to try it. 3 instances of K2 in StandAlone = 192 midi channels. How much RAM do you have? I have 3 Gigs so far I've never maxed it out.

I have 4.5 GB. Since learning I can use multiple standalones I have maxed out my RAM for the first time. I used to open KS as a plug-in in DP. A second instance sucked up so much CPU it would often lock my system (dual 2GHz G5), and to try to use convolution with 2 instances - forget about it! Convolution on 3 instances no problem now. Definitely happier with this "new" method. Makes me consider getting some more RAM.

wow guys, that's clever. So you can use all 4 ports x 16 channels and only 4 instances instead of a load of VST's in the sequencer (if i got it right).

How do you access the 16 channels per port in Sonar for example?

this sounds great, thank you for any help

BTW< i'm on PC. I hope i can do it here too
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

I wish I could take credit for the cleverness, but it was posted here a few weeks ago. The thread seems to have vanished. Yes, you get 4 ports times 16 independent MIDI channels for each K2 instance.

I'm not sure how to route the MIDI through on Sonar, but using DP it's very simple. DP allows interapplication MIDI routing. Publish a new MIDI out patch (16 channels) in DP and match it up to the same name in K2's MIDI setup window. Using this method you can no longer freeze tracks in your sequencer as the audio is coming out via K2's outputs. I use Soundflower to reroute the audio back to DP. Assign up to 8 simultaneous audio channels and hit record - (somewhat)instant stems in a single pass.

Again, I am not familiar with Sonar's capabilities. I seem to remember reading that you could use some small VST freeware/shareware program that routes MIDI from your sequencer to K2.

This method has been working a lot faster for me than the VST/AU plugin method.

Thank you very much dvincent.

Have a nice day
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Oh, it was a rough day. I'll have a nice day tomorrow.

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Argitoth
    What is vstack?
    It acts as a host program for VST instruments. It is great if you have your DAW on one computer and then have samples on another. Check it out:

http://www.steinberg.de/ProductPage_...42&Langue_ID=2

Go Back to forum