• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strings

Share/Bookmark

Cool Strings

Well...I've listened to everything available so far and I still have not found any string library that sounds as realistic as "Ultimate Strings" library I bought a few years back. Sounds strange...but, I've been around the orchestra for most of my life and know a great sound when I hear it.

I listen to some of these demos, and look at the prices and I just could not even begin to justify such a purchase. If I don't believe it, then my listeners could not possibly either.

I cannot find a library that does not sound synthy to me when playing certain legato phrases.

I will continue to eagerly await to see what come next on the horizon. I still believe it can be done, but it just isn't there for me yet. I need to hear the rosin, I need to hear the natural vibrato from the player, I need to hear the "non-synth" lines when playing in all registers. I need to feel the instrument on the keyboard as if I was playing in for REAL.

Just my two cents on strings libraries to date.

Re: Strings

Do you have a "test phrase" that you use to check the different string sample packages? I'd be interested to see what you're talking about. I have the VSL which came with Kontakt, and EWQLSO Silver (awaiting Pro).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by daw32965
    Well...I've listened to everything available so far and I still have not found any string library that sounds as realistic as "Ultimate Strings" library I bought a few years back. Sounds strange...but, I've been around the orchestra for most of my life and know a great sound when I hear it.

They certainly are among the best sounding strings. They lack some of the programming found in newer libraries, but the sound is sweet and very realistic.

I don't have an actual "test phrase" I use. I simply listen to the elaborate demos from various libraries and compare to what I know or hope it will sound like. So far...nothing.

As I've said...it's just not there for me yet. That's just my personal opinion. I'll be eagerly awaiting next string library release. Can't wait to find "the one" that is REAL.

Question Re: Strings

Surfing the web, in the best service site i have noticed a new string library(Strings essentials) from Siedlaczek.
    There is no demo until now.
    May be this is the one we are looking for???

Could you post a link to this new string library (String Essentials) you are referring to and also a link to the demos. I searched the best service website and cannot find this collection.

Sorry for delay:Here is the link:http://www.bestservice.de/detail.asp...&typ=1&flg=grp
    I have made a mistake:there is only one demo there and (my opinion)it sound good.
    Please let me know what do you think about it

I wonder how well the Giga programming would translate to EXS24?

The sustains are excellent but rest of it sounds synthetic. Not bad though as most string libraries aren't any better.

Yeah...sounds like most of the rest. I guess we just have to keep watching and waiting as technology grows and allows for what I know I am looking for.

For now...I'm going to stick with my old faithful (Ultimate Strings). When I find that string library I can't live without, then I'll be the first in line to buy.

Go Back to forum