• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can't start GS3 on Atlon 64 PC...

Share/Bookmark

Can't start GS3 on Atlon 64 PC...

Hi,

I have installed latest GS3 3.1 version (tried original 3.0 release too) and they both crash my PC as soon as I hit the program exe - or evn diagnostic tool.

Any ideas?
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Can't start GS3 on Atlon 64 PC...

Is this a fresh installation of windows with the latest drivers?

What components are you using? I'm running an A64 3000+ on an Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo, and it works fine...

-JF

Ya, no issues here as well on a AMD 3700+, 2 gigs of ram on a A8V deluxe. You didn't by any chance load 64 bit windows did ya??
    That'd really slow er speed up windows but Gs 3 don't like 64 bit yet...
    Yet is the key word there.
    Later

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Is this a fresh installation of windows with the latest drivers?

What components are you using? I'm running an A64 3000+ on an Asus A8V Deluxe Mobo, and it works fine...

-JF
    Yeah standard XP Profession - 100% updated drivers. RME latest driver.
    Just give me blue screen of death. All other plugins, Nuendo 3 etc works fine.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

I'm kinda in the same boat. Last night I decided to do the tweaks that PCAUDIOLABS has on their web site. That wasn't a good idea for me anyway. Gigastudio 3.12 was working fine until then, now it won't even load. Just sits there and does nothing. It looks like I'm back to redoing everything.

What motherboards and video cards are you guys running?

Sometimes a mobo and driver aren't compatible. For instance, I got the BSOD when trying to install the MIA card in my Asus A8V Deluxe. I tried everything. The BSOD would come as soon as the driver would try to load/run. I have since learned that the two are completely incompatible. No one on the planet seems to be able to get these to work together. (I believe it's an Asus problem, but they've done nothing in the last year to fix it.)

You may have something similar. Got specs?

-JF

Aftrshock ,

I just did the PCaudioLAb tweaks last week on my Giga computer. All is well over here. I have the best Ram usage an lower CPU hits.
    I did all of the recommended tweaks , services , registry etc etc..it all works out here.
    Was Giga working before the tweaks?? I presume it did right??
    Have you tried just the services tweaks instead of the registry tweaks and compare??

Yves

Minor point, but I did it by accident a while ago and stopped GS working - you haven't stopped the crypserv service by mistake have you?

Hey guys,
    I don't remember if I stopped the Crypserv off the top of my head. At lunch I went back and put all the services back to xp's defaults and still no go. All I did was the service tweaks and Giga quit working. It worked great until then. The only other error I get is when I'm install a large sample library from my dvd drive. It goes BSOD on me everyonce in a while. I'm going to replace the ide cable and see if that helps.

My Specs:
    Asus A8V Deluxe
    AMD Athlon 64 3700+
    2 gig ram OCZ D400 2x1G OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K R
    m-audio 2496 soundcard
    toshiba dvd-rw drive
    2 x 160g WD Sata HD's
    1 x 160 WD ata133 HD
    Sonata II Case with 450 PS
    Abit R9200SE-DT Radeon 128MB AGP 4x/8x Video Card

I've been reasonably lucky with my new system. Once I had installed XP and SP2 and all the various drivers for my hardware, I ghosted the drive (I dual boot so can restore from the other Windows partition easily).

Then I tweaked the system, and ghosted again, and then installed my software bit by bit. Every time I reached what I believed was a decently running system, I ghosted again.

It's been pretty useful - I've had a couple of bits of software that have caused problems and rather than just uninstalling them (which would/might leave traces which would/could cause problems) I have just restored from my last ghost image.

Not really helpful in your case, but something perhaps worth considering. It has meant for me *knowing* I was going to a clean/working installation, and it takes less than 5 minutes to restore - considerably less than reinstalling from scratch (with the associated 100 or so restarts... )

Go Back to forum