• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need a bit of help :)

Share/Bookmark

Need a bit of help :)

Greetings all

Being new to the computer/music world, there is a very stupid question i would like to ask ... sorry about it , but i really could use the answer

I just ordered a midi keyboard (my first one) and i am about to order GPO .. my soundcard is a regular Z2 Audigy and i own also Fruity Loops.
    The question i have been wondering is about outputing. What format does GPO outputs (either straight from the GPO tools or used as a VST plug) ?
    Does it come out as a midi file or a WAV file ?
    I need .WAV
    Can i get it simply thru export or do i have to record the output of my computer thru an external recorder?

I know it is a newbie question, but i have not been able to find the answer around ... so if someone could help me

Thank you

Re: Need a bit of help :)

You can export as a wav file. I'm not familiar with your card, but you should be able to export the files directly without routing the audio externally.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by salder
    Greetings all

Being new to the computer/music world, there is a very stupid question i would like to ask ... sorry about it , but i really could use the answer

I just ordered a midi keyboard (my first one) and i am about to order GPO .. my soundcard is a regular Z2 Audigy and i own also Fruity Loops.
    The question i have been wondering is about outputing. What format does GPO outputs (either straight from the GPO tools or used as a VST plug) ?
    Does it come out as a midi file or a WAV file ?
    I need .WAV
    Can i get it simply thru export or do i have to record the output of my computer thru an external recorder?

I know it is a newbie question, but i have not been able to find the answer around ... so if someone could help me

Thank you
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you need to use either a sequencer or a notation program which uses GPO as the audio output. You can't use GPO by itself to play/record music. It works in conjunction with other software that sends midi information to GPO. I hope this is what you're asking.

Jeff

Thanks for answering

"Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but you need to use either a sequencer or a notation program which uses GPO as the audio output. You can't use GPO by itself to play/record music. It works in conjunction with other software that sends midi information to GPO. I hope this is what you're asking."

Do the softwares included in the GPO package allow that (outputing to .wav)?
    I also have Fruity loop wich can be used as a sequencer and "notation" soft i believe.
    Basically the question was : do i need to buy another software or hardware to get a .WAV if i own only GPO + a midi keyboard .

Thanks for your time

Sorry for the delay, but for some obscure reasons, i wasn't able to log to the forum ...

Just wanted to say thank you to all the people who took time to answer me.

Go Back to forum