• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just picked up RMX...

Share/Bookmark

Just picked up RMX...

Been reading all of the prases of Stylus RMX on this forum. Decided to buy it today. Just got it installed and updated it to 1.5. Wow this is really cool. Also bought the Metamorphsis Xpander. Very cool stuff Eric! This will add a whole new dimension to my music. Cheers!

-T

Re: Just picked up RMX...

I've had it for about 3 months now, and feel like I am just starting to understand all of the flexibility and potential to use Stylus in some really wonderful ways. To me, it's the first piece of software that I really feel comfortable calling an "instrument"

I totally agree - about 3 months of use before I could honestly say I knew my way comfortably around RMX. Even now I go back and check the vids from time to time - just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything!

Tyrone Howe

The deeper I go the more I find. Amazing tool.

-T

yes... and don't forget to download and watch the video turtorials. lots of hidden tricks that you simply would overlook unless your are a RTFM geek. I'm not, and the videos got me to what I'd consider full comprehension of the feature set, in only a couple of hours. With the book that could have taken weeks. Well done!

Other library developers (you know who you are) should be ashamed of the poor tutorials videos they try to SELL - and Spectrasonics gives their training videos away!

Can't say enough good things about RMX...

Three months, Tyrone? It seems so straightforward once you figure it out. I admit to not getting everything 100% right after watching the videos the first time (for example I confused Groove Elements and Sound Menus), but since then it's been very obvious to me.

It can take a long time to remember everything that's there. though. There are a lot of loops and sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyroberts
    Other library developers (you know who you are) should be ashamed of the poor tutorials videos they try to SELL - and Spectrasonics gives their training videos away!
    ......and *one particular* major developer has only much later- months after the product has been released- accepted that a decent manual is an absolutely essentail part of the package!!

But it's worth asking again and again, as the message does eventually get through. Generally developers are providing a much better, user-driven service, and companies like VSL, and Spectrasonics in particular, are setting the standard!

Nigel

RMX is so awsome.. I dont even really use the loops i just make my own using the slice menu or whatever.

jeremyroberts said: Three months, Tyrone? It seems so straightforward once you figure it out.
    Well yes about 3 months - but I am not at this full time - I still need to make a mundane living! But after 3 I can confidently say that I can use most of the features of RMX.

As for the manual ... well - I could NOT live without the videos, and now I could NOT live without the manual either! Typical of us customers - we want everything!
    Tyrone Howe

I think video tutorials are great. What better way to get up and running on a new tool. Still loving RMX. I am now using some of my own sounds which makes it even more awsome.

-T

Go Back to forum