• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB & SSV.

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up JABB & SSV.

Listening to the demos all marnin' long. Can't wait to get me hands on 'em........
    Very nice!
    Styxx

Re: JABB & SSV.

BTW, what was the last official statement about JABB's release ?
    Sorry to ask, but when I pre-ordered (a long time ago), it was supposed to ship early october, and now we start second half of september....

I believe I saw a post from Gary earlier this week mentioning that shipping should start on Monday 21st Nov 2005.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    I believe I saw a post from Gary earlier this week mentioning that shipping should start on Monday 21st Nov 2005.
    Or the previous Friday C'mon, JABB! Whoopee!!!
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

It will be here before you realize it! All this stressing will be gone and new great compositions will flourish and over run the demo page.
    I just love the sound of the saxes! LOVE 'EM!!
    Styxx

Listening to the demos all marnin' long. Can't wait to get me hands on 'em........
    Very nice!
    What are you talking about? It's the same demos that have been there for months! When are they going to put up some floggin' big band demos already? Seriously, who does someone have to sleep with to get some helpful JABB demos on the website?

I just love the sound of the saxes! LOVE 'EM!!
    When you say "the saxes" are you referring to the single saxes playing licks in the demos? because as far as 'ol Shnurg knows, there are no demos of blended horns (plural) on the site.

For the love Warwick Davis, will someone post some dems??????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by shnurgle
    What are you talking about? It's the same demos that have been there for months! When are they going to put up some floggin' big band demos already? Seriously, who does someone have to sleep with to get some helpful JABB demos on the website?

When you say "the saxes" are you referring to the single saxes playing licks in the demos? because as far as 'ol Shnurg knows, there are no demos of blended horns (plural) on the site.
    That's what I said. Now go take two Midols and everything will be OK.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by shnurgle
    Seriously, who does someone have to sleep with to get some helpful JABB demos on the website?
    I can tell you right now, it wouldn't do you any good to sleep with me! I'll check around and see if Gary has hired anyone for that job. Any volunteers?

I think it's time to clear something up here: I stated some time ago that big band demos would approximately coincide with the release of the library and that's what is still planned. Why? Because the Big Band demos must be done with the completed programming, not preliminary rough drafts, in order to accurately represent the product as delivered. Only when the final touches on the library were were done could the door open to the creation of larger scale demos. We are doing that now. We expect to have a number of examples by the time NAMM rolls around in mid January.

I created the advance JABB demos on the Garritan site primarily as working tools for me while I was developing and adjusting the programming. As such, they were kept as simple and specific to the instruments being programmed as possible. They ended up doing "double duty" as small advance demos. These demos reveal many specifics about the instruments in the library but aren't intended to give more than a tantalizing glimpse of the instrument features. We released similar types of advance demos for GOS a few years ago. All of the initial demos for that product were of specific instrument sections and programming features - again, essentially they were working tools of mine posted for the public in advance of the completed product. Full demos came only after the actual release of the product and were primarily contributed by users of the library. We like it that way. It gives an honest, real-world view of the library's possibilities. JABB will actually end up with more initial in-house demos than any previous library because we think the scope of the programming requires more exposition by us.

I understand your impatience (pre-Christmas-like fidgetiness) to hear the full bg band demos but nothing anyone posts will change (or speed up) the sequence of events here. If someone can't make a decision without the full big band demos then they have but one choice: Wait until the product begins shipping and listen to the demos as they are released in the weeks following.

This is the perfect example of why I'm always the guy counseling Gary to say absolutely nothing about projects in development until the day they are ready to ship. Look at the bright side: You've already heard way more than I would have given you if I were the one calling the shots!

Tom

Tom,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Raul Julia NEVER got the credit he deserved.

-Lord Smiddick (of the Treasury)

tom,

I like your approach to the demos. This is just my opinion, but...

-- If you guys had posted full scale demos made with a product that wasn't completed yet, they would have given wrong representation of what the library can do. I would rather wait a little bit (or even a long bit) and see what the completed library sounds like, and base my decision to buy on that.

If someone needs to hear demos before purchasing, that is totally legitimate. But if you are going to make a decision based on the quality of demos, wouldn't you want those those demos to be made with the finished product?

-- I would rather have you guys work on finishing the product than work on demos that will only make our mouths water waiting for the product to be released anyway. What good does great demos do us if we have to wait longer to buy it?

Personally, I'm gonna buy it, and if I had the money right now, I'd pre-order it. It is at the top of my wish-list, because 1) GPO is great- if this is 1/2 as good as GPO it is worth the purchase 2) you guys have spent so much time working on this, it's gotta be good 3) the price 4) I need a jazz library.

Thanks to Tom, Gary, and the rest of the Garritan crew, for all your hard work.
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

Go Back to forum