• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Quartet in C-1. Adagio

Share/Bookmark

String Quartet in C-1. Adagio

Hey folks-

Well finally, after a very lively forum in the "Tips" section, I believe my short quartet is shaping up to it's final form. Thanks to all for the suggestions, support and guidance.

Peace to all,

Scott

String Quartet in C-1. Adagio

Re: String Quartet in C-1. Adagio

Scott,

arrrgghh...

I still can't listen to this at work. I'll listen tonight at home; I'm sure its great.

I also found that "Tips" thread really really helpful, even though my thing isn't totally a string quartet. I need to remix it; I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Scott, if you want, I can post your file as an mp3 on my site, I have plenty of space. you can email it to me (I'll send you an email through the forum with my email address on it) and I'll send you back a link to it.

Nigam
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

for those who wish to download Scott's piece as an mp3:

http://nigam.biz/scotthowe/String_Qu...C_1_Adagio.mp3

Scott,

Very imaginative! Loved it. The pizzicato lead part is wonderful, even sounds a little bluesy (although I tend to see everything through blue-colored glasses).

One thing: I'm not too crazy about the sound of the solo viola. I think this is a weakness of GPO. hopefully GPOA will have a better solo viola, or at least more choices.

So, when is movement #2 arriving?
    Nigam Shah

American Songbook Project
    www.nigam.biz/songbook

Quote Originally Posted by nigamshah
    for those who wish to download Scott's piece as an mp3:

http://nigam.biz/scotthowe/String_Qu...C_1_Adagio.mp3

Scott,

Very imaginative! Loved it. The pizzicato lead part is wonderful, even sounds a little bluesy (although I tend to see everything through blue-colored glasses).

One thing: I'm not too crazy about the sound of the solo viola. I think this is a weakness of GPO. hopefully GPOA will have a better solo viola, or at least more choices.

So, when is movement #2 arriving?
    I agree about the viola. I spent the most amount of time trying to coax a richer sound out of it, and the result is still lacking IMO. I'm glad you brought that up because I thought it was just my lack of know-how with GPO. I must say, every instrument in GPO is impressive except for the viola. Perhaps Mr. Garritan just couldn't find a decent player???

So I'm holding off on continuing the quartet for now. Meanwhile I have a piece for Flute and Harp that I personally think sounds great from a realism point of view. I'm going to post it for download in another spot. Or perhaps you could donate a bit more space Nigam??

Go Back to forum