• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bach: Mass in b minor, dona nobis pacem (with VOTA and QLSO Gold)

Share/Bookmark

Bach: Mass in b minor, dona nobis pacem (with VOTA and QLSO Gold)

Hi!

I'd be very happy if you would take a listen to this one. A mockup from Bachs Mass in b-minor made with VOTA and EWQLSO Gold. It would be great if you would comment it!

Dona nobis pacem

Thanks!

Re: Bach: Mass in b minor, dona nobis pacem (with VOTA and QLSO Gold)

very nice mock-up, VOTA sound very good, one can wonder why to buy SC.
    You just remind me that this Mass is among my my favorites and now I have to listen to it again and again.

Yes, very good job there and must have been a lot of work. Did you use the key switches manually or the tool? I like VOTA very much. Do you know if the license restriction was ever lifted?

Some people consider the b minor mass the greatest musical work by any composer and that piece shows why. Very nice presentation you did.

Pretty impressive. Vota sounds better during the loud passages, it doesn't do a convincing piano or pianissimo...of course that's not your fault!

I think the choir is a bit loud in the mix compared to the orchestra, on most recordings I have the orchestra is more clearly audible. A trumpet at ff (even a baroque one) can easily be heard over a good size choir going full trottle...

If you took the choir down some, the synth like quality of the vocal melismas would be less obvious as well.

Good job, and thank you, I always enjoy listening to this great music, in any incarnation!

matto

Hi and thank you for listening!

Well, I know, the orchestra is a bit in background, but I think the solo trumpet in EWQLSO is not very good, thats why I have made the whole orchestra a bit silenter, and the choir and timpani louder. The loud timpani gives a baroquelike sound I think.

Any more comments? Would be very happy about them!

It's not bad!! The choir definitely sounds better once the loud passages kick in. The main beef I have with VOTA is the sibilant quality of some of the consonants, but overall it's a very real sound when mixed right. Good job on a difficult piece!

In terms of absolute realism here is my favourite Symphonic Choir piece. Itineris Spiritus
    It has it all: perfect balance between choir and orchestra, great composition and a mix that feels like you're sitting in that orchestra hall with all this music right in front of you....
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel:

Thank you. I understand why this is your favored.
    I am so much under the effect of hearing this,three times, that it almost feels sacrilage to ask, but could you post details on this piece, ( ignorant me, I do not even know the composer)?

Thanks again..

Ted ( 78 young)

That is one of the company product demos, it´s on this page:

http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-165

and was written by Thomas Bergersen, that´s all info I have.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    In terms of absolute realism here is my favourite Symphonic Choir piece. Itineris Spiritus
    It has it all: perfect balance between choir and orchestra, great composition and a mix that feels like you're sitting in that orchestra hall with all this music right in front of you....
    Imressive stuff indeed!! The choir is pretty faultless on that.

Go Back to forum