• Register
  • Help

Topic: Better GPO playback: Finale 2006 or Sibelius 4?

Share/Bookmark

Better GPO playback: Finale 2006 or Sibelius 4?

I know that the Sibelius version isn't out yet. But I'm sure someONE has used both notation programs with GPO. I'd like to know which of the two programs has a better implementation of GPO playback without the use of extra plugins, macros or programming.
    Thanks,
    Sergio

Re: Better GPO playback: Finale 2006 or Sibelius 4?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn
    I know that the Sibelius version isn't out yet. But I'm sure someONE has used both notation programs with GPO. I'd like to know which of the two programs has a better implementation of GPO playback without the use of extra plugins, macros or programming.
    Thanks,
    Sergio
    My bias says Finale has better GPO implementation, but I'm sure a Sibelius user would prefer Sib. The only way to really determiine this, is to have the exact same score entered into each program without any additional midi info, and compare the generic playback that each gives.

Either way, we're all getting more realistic, better sounding playback than we could even a year ago.

Jeff

Re: Better GPO playback: Finale 2006 or Sibelius 4?

I've been using OVerture 4 and LOVE it. yes, there have been a few bugs, but the staff at Geniesoft has been very receptive and their forum is excellent as well for help and ideas. I think this product will be outstanding and love the way it incorporates the ability to write like a composer and playback like a midi whiz!

my two cents.

Regards,

Tim

Go Back to forum