• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Kontakt my only option for playback?

Share/Bookmark

Is Kontakt my only option for playback?

I'm using Sonar 4 for my midi/audio projects, along with GPO, using the Kontakt player. Is this my only option for playing GPO samples? Not sure if I want to upgrade to the full version of Kontakt in order to be able to edit the patches, so I just thought I'd see if there are any other software samplers that I can use.

I'm also using GPO in Sibelius, with the Sibelius Kontakt player. Neither the Sibelius nor the Sonar (GPO) compatible versions of the Kontakt player are all that elegant, IMO, so if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em. Thanks a lot.

john

Re: Is Kontakt my only option for playback?

Sorry, it's only either the built-in Kontakt player or full version of Kontakt. This holds true of any other Kontakt based library for that matter. The advantage to getting full Kontakt though is that you can import other types of samples (Giga, Halion, etc.). I haven't tried it myself, but there are lots of people on this forum who have - and that opens up a lot of options.

Thanks for the info. I thought that might be the case... Oh well.

best,

john

There is a way to use a different soft synth/sampler but not for the full version of GPO.

The professional version of the Dimension hybred soft synth/sampler from Cakewalk includes a "pocket" version of GPO. I don't know how slimmed down the GPO pocket version is and I haven't worked with Dimension so I don't know much about this alternative. However, Dimension does have a good reputation on the Cakewalk boards.

Regards

Chet

Thanks for the tip. I'll have a closer look at Dimension Pro.

best,

john

Go Back to forum