• Register
  • Help

Topic: Importing Scarbee VKC

Share/Bookmark

Importing Scarbee VKC

I was considering importing the Halion VKC files into Kontakt 2. Anyone have any problems or have to compromise anything? I would like to operate with as few VIs as possible, preferring to run most libraries from my sampler.

Re: Importing Scarbee VKC

Isn't that library protected? Not sure that Kontakt will be able to read it.

fizbin

Geez! I did not consider that. I would hope that a legally installed license allows me to import my samples into a sampler that is compatible with the native format (Halion in this case), much like the EWQL "locked" libraries import into Kontakt. I certainly realize that in the latter case, the format is native to both the player and sampler, but presumably that would only speak to the ease of import, not whether it is "allowed".

My guess is that this will not work (converting to Kontakt). Only Kontakt and other NI players can read protected Kontakt libraries. I'd imagine that HALion would be the same way, otherwise there would be no real protection, would there?

You'll have much better luck with HALion playing the samples, but I can't say for sure as I don't use HALion. Perhaps Mr. Scarbee can answer your question.

fizbin

Underestimated the "complexity" of the situation. I sent Thomas an email.

Hi Alan,

You can not import VKC into Kontakt. However a Kontakt version of KGB comes out in december..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Ugh. I did not realize that you were this for developing for Kontakt. That would be better for me so I can minimize the number of VIs cluttering up my screen. Will you be releasing your Clav in Giga format? I hope so, because then I will just crossgrade all 3 keyboards to Giga and be done with all of these restrictive formats (Kontakt/Kompakt Player, Halion Player, etc.).

Your work is outstanding, and I want to support you in whatever way I can as a consumer, but I hope you find another way other than locked players to protect your products.

Quote Originally Posted by aplanchard
    Ugh. I did not realize that you were this for developing for Kontakt. That would be better for me so I can minimize the number of VIs cluttering up my screen. Will you be releasing your Clav in Giga format? I hope so, because then I will just crossgrade all 3 keyboards to Giga and be done with all of these restrictive formats (Kontakt/Kompakt Player, Halion Player, etc.).

Your work is outstanding, and I want to support you in whatever way I can as a consumer, but I hope you find another way other than locked players to protect your products.
    Hi Alan,

Well we had decided not to to sample libs anymore, but then I preparred a special 16 bit Receptor version for Lenny Krawitz tour (Keyboard player George laks) made in Kontakt/Komapakt format and heard that some other top players were looking for same solution for Live playing.

It has been a demanding job to convert and the small font's in Kontakt was not nice to my eyes... But now it is almost ready - just need to modify pdf manual. The version will include both a 24 and 16 bit sample set, so 16 bit can be used on sammler computers or live.

VKFX will come in AU/VST + Receptorized version.

If I can get Translator to convert the keymapping to GS3 - and make GS3 work, then I will do a GS3 version of KGB too.

Now we will probably release our Percussion lib only as sample library and also the next bass libraries too.

Imperial Drums XL however will be a VI with halion Player and should be out in december.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Go Back to forum